LegacyGT.com

6th Annual 48hrs of Tri-State 2007

Paisan

Ok folks sorry for the later than usual planning this year!

As many of you know each year a group of tri-state Subaru Enthusiasts do a 1000+ mile drive around the entire Tri-state Area of NY/NJ/PA and try to meet up with as many other Subie enthusiasts that we can. This year we are raising money to put toward the American Cancer Society!

All cars are welcome! Last year we had SVXs, WRXs, STis, 2.5RSs, Outbacks, even a Nissan Armada!

Last year we had a blast in Philadelphia, Ithaca Niagara Falls, Albany! This year will be no different and hope to meet with as many of you as we can and hopefully get you guys to ride along with us for a bit.

Here are the rough meets and details, with more info at http://iacinc.selfip.com/48hrs/48hrs-2007/ and this thread on NASIOC having more info and discussion as well http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1155903

January 12-14, 2007

Thurs Jan 11:

Meet in Philadelphia on Thurs night.

Friday Jan 12:

Cruise from Philadelphia past SOA Headquarters and then through the Pine Barrens up to Harriman where we'll have the Kickoff Dinner on Friday evening.

Then move out up to Cooperstown, NY.

Saturday Jan 13:

Depart from Cooperstown, NY heading on backroads up through the Adirondacks toward Rutland VT.

Sunday Jan 14:

Depart Rutland and head south toward Albany and eventually to the closing dinner in Newburg, NY

-mike

im already on the list, though listed under the wrong car.

50/50 on either the STi or LGT.. if we bring the legacy i gotta swap the snows onto it, otherwise the trip will be less comfortable in the STi :lol:

to those who are interested, this will be my 4th year attending this event, and its an absolute blast, last 2 years i was in my WRX, prior to that, in my 2.5RS-swapped-Impreza L. this year brings out a whole new route, which should be great... if you cant make it out, at least keep an eye out for a meet or 2 somewhere along the route.

:lol: just showing my love for the new car...rather than bitching about how useless the wagon was for having so much more room than a sedan,

yet not fitting anything into it.

legacy trunk is HUGE..cant wait to cruise in comfort on this trip this year :)

Mike,

I'd love to go but the car is having some serious fueling and boost issues with the 20G and FMIC. Perhaps if I get everything squared away I could join you up to Cooperstown with the Fiancee and check out the HOF. Take care.

Lonnie

Mike,

I'd love to go but the car is having some serious fueling and boost issues with the 20G and FMIC. Perhaps if I get everything squared away I could join you up to Cooperstown with the Fiancee and check out the HOF. Take care.

Lonnie

:( That's what happens when you heavily modify it! haaaaaa

-mike

• 3 weeks later...

morning-after post.

Jon, it was great meeting you! for not knowing anyone on the trip, you opened up quite quickly and got along perfectly with the rest of us "regulars" i really hope to see you out there again next year. to anyone else whos reading this, link over to the NASIOC page, for everyone only getting home about 12 hours ago, theres some nice pics and alot of funny little sniglets of information to get a grasp of what goes on on this trip.

im sure the mainpage will have some other pics up, i know within 2 or 3 days, our Official Photog. will have his massive collection of pics up. i'll be sure to see that the link ends up here.

i now have to find 2 tires for my car, and definatly have to clean the carpets on the driver side, having to stop in the mud for Billy several times really got alot of mud into my car :lol:

it was a blast again as usual.

oh, and i think Paisan will be pruchasing a LGT or spec B sometime soon, he drove my car for about 120 miles this weekend and loved it :)

Murray

Had a great time with everyone!!! From Sonny at the Dunkin' Dougnuts (and theeennnn), to laughing our a$$es off at the motel in VT, dinner in VT (billy, you STINK!!! :lol: ), to "not" having headlights going into Cooperstown, Sonny's stories, Ted in the woods...broken, cracker barrel breakfast at the B&B, the "cop" coming down into Rutland next to Sonny, 100mph half eaten cookie, my hair, Ted and his pizza box, the rolling Ramada, leaving you guys in VT and hauling A$$ through to Albany with JR (your welcome for the 2 let ins! :icon_mrgr )....more later...all you guys were great!!! Summer in Lake George for anyone...just call about an hour before you get here so I can chill the PBR's!!!

Had a great time with everyone!!! From Sonny at the Dunkin' Dougnuts (and theeennnn), to laughing our a$$es off at the motel in VT, dinner in VT (billy, you STINK!!! :lol: ), to "not" having headlights going into Cooperstown, Sonny's stories, Ted in the woods...broken, cracker barrel breakfast at the B&B, the "cop" coming down into Rutland next to Sonny, 100mph half eaten cookie, my hair, Ted and his pizza box, the rolling Ramada, leaving you guys in VT and hauling A$$ through to Albany with JR (your welcome for the 2 let ins! :icon_mrgr )....more later...all you guys were great!!! Summer in Lake George for anyone...just call about an hour before you get here so I can chill the PBR's!!!

It's Cool Guy!

Jon is awsome. If you didn't know, you'd have thought that he hung out with us since birth. Can't wait to hang on Lake George this summer!

Thanks to Murray for letting me drive his LGT for over 100 miles! Convinced me that I don't need a GTO. Sorry about those tires :( But Kumhos are known for bubbles. Look into HTR+ and let me know if you want me to hook you up at Tirerack, you can even go pick em up.

-mike

Archived