LegacyGT.com

Ready for a track day @ Gville Raceway?

quest

Vote on what date is best for you. Only 1 Sunday in Feb was available.  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on what date is best for you. Only 1 Sunday in Feb was available.

• Jan 21
    • Jan 28
    • Feb 18

Guys, I called Gainesville Raceway and got some info. Heres the cost breakdown and some details.

All Saturdays are booked up, but Sundays are pretty wide open. We will get a full day, so thats about 10000x the amount of track time we got at the Subaru Challenge.

1-10 cars (1200), more cars and the price goes up.

insurance and emt ($250).

*no ride alongs (that costs more)

I figure we need 10 cars to make it reasonably priced. I will need payment in advance so I can pay the track.

Tentative Attendees.

1. quest

2. Magic

3. ShockerGT

4. wukindada

5. iamboon

6. GraysonSubaru

7/8. Johan (+1)

9. intercede007

10. Xanth

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you will need a helmet. Its just us, so there isnt a club providing anything. The track will give us cones, thats about it. And at some point we have to figure out our track layout as it has to be approved.

As for timeframe, I wanted to leave that up to everyone. Most any Sunday would be fine for me. Once we get close to 10 we can start to figure everyones availability.

--Jason

I am open to any date, whatever Sunday we can get 10 participants is fine with me. Here is a blank aerial of the track, looks like a camera phone shot.....but better than nothing. Maybe i will do something with photoshop later.

http://jasonquest.com/pics/roadcourse.gif

Here is the layout I ran a couple times with the Audi club that rents the track. Note that there is no run off like the subaru challange cause you are going to be making several consecutive laps. I think thats about as fast as we could make this small track.

http://jasonquest.com/pics/audiClubrun.gif

Archived