LegacyGT.com

1,900 Mile Vacation GT Trip Results...

Just got back in from a week's vacation in Orlando, Florida, and have really gotten to know my GT Limited much, much better. The trip was right at 850 miles one way from Kentucky - nearly 100% interstate driving (I-75). Here are some of my preliminary observations: 1. Interior noise levels are very nice. I have to say that cruising at 75 mph + had minimal wind noise. Tire noise was present, though not too obtrusive. I would say on the level with my previous car - a 2000 SAAB 9-5 SE. 2. Gas Mileage -- I filled up three times on the way down and back. On the way down, my interstate MPG pegged at 25.5 until I got to southern GA and Northern Florida, at which point (due to much more level terrain) I saw 26.3 MPG. Now, I know that everyone has been saying that the indicator reads a bit high, and I did not track the good old fashion method. I was afraid that my mileage would be worse, as I scarecly average over 20 MPG in mixed driving prior to the trip. 3. Not releated to my car, but Legacy's and Outbacks in general -- I did not see a SINGLE 2005 Legacy or Outback the entire way down and back on I-75, OR in the Orlando area from the 2nd to the 9th. This surprised me. 4. I miss my trunk space in the SAAB. This small trunk in the Legacy just does not cut it (especially loaded down with all those dang Disney souvenirs!). Maybe should have gotten a GT wagon. 5. I am a bit disappointed in the interior materials. Now, the interior looks outstanding don't get me wrong! But living in the car for that many hours with two other people takes it's toil. My wife chipped the edge of the aluminum trim (the outer edge piece that runs the vertical length of the center stack), and I have worn a slight mark off where I rest my finger when flipping through the trip computer options. Also, the soft touch glove box door is scraping up easily. Not sure what this interior will look like after 30,000 miles. 6. Had at least 4 admirers the entire week ask about the car. Compliments on the exterior, and the Garnet Red Pearl Paint. 7. Oh - the seats -- excellent. [b]Very[/b] comfortable. I was very impressed with their confort and support. All in all, the car did great. Very very smooth, quiet, and an out nice touring car (that will flat out fly!) NOW -- to get caught up on all of these posts! Rob

[quote name='RobCatron'] 3. Not releated to my car, but Legacy's and Outbacks in general -- I did not see a SINGLE 2005 Legacy or Outback the entire way down and back on I-75, OR in the Orlando area from the 2nd to the 9th. This surprised me. Rob[/QUOTE] I have yet to see a 2005 Legacy on the streets of southern California!

Amazingly, I've seen 3 LGT's in person in the northern LA and Ventura county. A black sedan, a regal blue sedan and a silver sedan. The last car actually belongs to the manager of the tire store where I bought my tires. Talked to him a bit, really nice guy. I've also seen an Outback XT around my area as well. Certainly not a lot, but they are around.

• 7 months later...
I still have yet to see another LGT here in Lexington driving around town. Saw one from another state at a friend's funeral, but I don't think that one counted. I've had a number of people comment on my car though... feels good to be unique

[quote name='ekuhockey18']I still have yet to see another LGT here in Lexington driving around town. Saw one from another state at a friend's funeral, but I don't think that one counted. I've had a number of people comment on my car though... feels good to be unique[/QUOTE] Nice bump. :rolleyes:

i see that you had a saab 9-5 se as well. that's what my wife has been driving. we're moving on after 102k miles. my wife has loved saabs forever and this is a big step for her. i hear you on the trunk...we ended up getting the wagon because of the need for space for her business (as well as my mtn biking!). the thing that really sold us on the wagon, however, is the huge sunroof--it's like a convertible wagon...anyway, hopefully she'll like it. i think it will be a lot of fun for her.

[quote name='Boostjunkie']Amazingly, I've seen 3 LGT's in person in the northern LA and Ventura county. A black sedan, a regal blue sedan and a silver sedan. The last car actually belongs to the manager of the tire store where I bought my tires. Talked to him a bit, really nice guy. I've also seen an Outback XT around my area as well. Certainly not a lot, but they are around.[/QUOTE] I see LOTS of outbacks but only a handful of sedans and wagons. Kinda nice having a car that everybody else doesn't have. Quite a change from having an Accord.

I've seen about 5 LGT's around my area now. Interestingly enough, I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 NA Legacy's. Also spied a fair number of Outbacks, easily the most prevalent 05 Legacy around here.

Thanks for the trip report! That's the only way to truly test a car is on the road! I'm glad the seats were good. That's my biggest expectation from this car. As far as the trunkspace goes, thanks for the heads up! We're going on a Disney cruise in November, and after that we're heading to Naples. I ended up renting a Taurus instead of a Neon!

• 2 weeks later...
So we went to Toronto and back last weekend (took the X5, better mileage:lol: ), about 1000 miles of driving all in, and we saw a Bentley, tons of Bimmers, a Lamborghini, everything else...I saw one Turbo Outback and one Legacy 2.5i wagon. That was it. When we got home my wife went to a horse riding clinic nearby and one the millionaires who sponsors everything shows up in a Legacy GT sedan... I have true exclusivity!

After 20k miles, I love this car more than when I got it. :cry: Everyday, it rewards me with oodles of speed, handling and comfort. Subaru thanks for bringing this awesome car stateside. You won't regret it, cause I'm hooked on you for life.
I keed I keeed

Archived