LegacyGT.com

GT vs. Spec-B

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only does the spec b have an upgraded suspension, larger tires and rims, but the car is actually tunned like the STI, it had to be because of the 6 speed transmision. I baught my 07 spec b 3 weeks ago and I'm in love with it. Plus the fuel maps to this car are great, I already have played with the boost, and new intake, and let me tell you it not only has that cool sti blow off sound, but it pulls pretty hard!!!

Got to love it!

I have the 2007 Legacy Spec b, I baught it about 3 weeks ago. There are a few things you all are missing, It has a 6 speed transmission, but more importantly it IS tunned differently than the regular legacy's. It is tunned more like the STI because of this transmission. The fact that a 6 speed over a 5 speed in a quarter mile doesn't nessisarily help, but off the line, including the sport sharp fuel map on the 6 speed transmission, is noticibly different than the non spec b model. QUITE NOTICIBLE!!!

I Love my 07 SPEC B!!!

An easy way of upping your final drive a bit would be to go to 18" wheels or correspondingly taller tires on your 17s. You could gain a few per cent right there. It does seem to make a difference on the Spec.B mileage compared to the LGT.

The problem with that is that it would make all of my gears taller. I like them just the way they are. I can't give my car the gear it needs, I just have to hope that Subaru gets around to it.

It has a 6 speed transmission, but more importantly it IS tunned differently than the regular legacy's. It is tunned more like the STI ... but off the line, including the sport sharp fuel map on the 6 speed transmission, is noticibly different than the non spec b model. QUITE NOTICIBLE!!!

How much of that difference comes from the spec B being geared 7% lower than the GT, and how much of that difference comes from the tuning? Do you know how much increase comes from applying the spec b's tuning to a regular GT motor?

In other words, on what evidence do you base the "but more importantly" claim you wrote above?

jmh2u2, two things. First, you need to learn how to spell. Second, if the Spec-B was tuned like an STI, it would be marketed as having more power, correct? Obviously it is not, so where is your evidence that the Spec-B is tuned for more power?

• 2 months later...

Archived