LegacyGT.com

Driver side rear has lower ride height???

Max Rebo

Someone mentioned this in some other topic, but I can't remember who it was. Anyway, it make me look at my car.

I've noticed that the driver side rear is a good 1/4" (maybe 1 cm) lower than the passenger side rear. I don't know if it's the specB pinks, but they seemed to be the same height/length before they were installed. There are no problems with the front -- they appear to be settled in at the same height.

I failed to notice if it's the same with my stock springs.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any idea what could be wrong? I imagine it might be the springs, but I can't really know for sure. I don't want to think some other rear suspension component is bent... but I have no other ideas, and it annoys me.

Ok, I read that thread. Seems most people are having issues with the whole side. I checked my fronts today with my fingers (not too accurate) but I couldn't see any difference in the fronts (about three fingers of space between tire and fender). In the back it was clearly two fingers on the driver side, and somewhere more than 2, but less than 3 on the drivers side. I will have to break out the take measure on a more level surface though to find out for sure.

I think I'm making myself go crazy here...

After I dropped my son off at daycare this morning, I checked the tire-fender gap on both sides once again. Now both sides in the back appeared to be about the same height.

Does the suspension on these cars really shift around that much? I've never owned a car that made transient differences in ride height so noticeable.

Could it have something to do with having stiffer specB pinks installed with the USDM Bilsteins? Other than that, I have no clue. My car tracks straight, it doesn't wander, and the alignment is fairly equal on both sides -- nothing out of the ordinary.

Geez... I need a beer, and it's only 10:30am. :(:icon_conf

I think what may be going on in my situation is a combination of things. 1. I am the only one sitting in the car so naturally, one side may lean. Day in and day out probably takes a toll on the springs. 2. Every day, I take a 90 degree turn to get on the highway. This turn is rated at like 25 mph, and I take it at like 45-50. The turn is a right turn, so at that speed the car squats on the left side and the right kind of sways up a bit. The fact that this happens 5+ times a week, may have pushed the driver side lower.

The only way I can think of correcting this, is to sway the springs from left to right, and see if things right themselves. The thing is that is a lot of work, so maybe if I can find a similar left hand turn, and maybe get around 180-200 pounds of weights and put it in the passenger side for a bit.

Guest subiecity
na mine 2...belive it or not b4 and after my springs it did this theres like a quarter in difference fom one side to the other form what i heard from the previous posts is that subaru made the suspension like that cuz idk sum BS but ur fine, u guys arent alone every legacy owner is like this

Ping. Yep. I am one who went to TEIN S tech springs and noticed the rear drivers side was so low, I couldn't get a pencil between it and the tire. Only that side. Had to switch to H tech springs to get a little more height because of my 18x8 235x40's. Dealer had no clue but blamed me saying once I had changed the springs, I had done it (but of course).

Archived