LegacyGT.com

Decals...

fbi012

Although I am also against decals, there are tasteful stickers that you can put on and still make the car look clean. How big is the STi decal? One thing, Franz, sorry to pick on you, about STi that most people don't realize, is that it's a tuning company just like all others. If I had to choose front or back I'd choose the back.
-ben

[quote name='axis008']Although I am also against decals, there are tasteful stickers that you can put on and still make the car look clean. How big is the STi decal? One thing, Franz, sorry to pick on you, about STi that most people don't realize, is that it's a tuning company just like all others. If I had to choose front or back I'd choose the back.[/quote] hehe. Well if I went with a stage 4 setup and put STi goodies on the car like STi springs, lip spoiler, etc, then maybe it could be justified. :D

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='axis008']Although I am also against decals, there are tasteful stickers that you can put on and still make the car look clean. How big is the STi decal? One thing, Franz, sorry to pick on you, about STi that most people don't realize, is that it's a tuning company just like all others. If I had to choose front or back I'd choose the back.[/quote] hehe. Well if I went with a stage 4 setup and put STi goodies on the car like STi springs, lip spoiler, etc, then maybe it could be justified. :D[/quote] True that! Never put stickers on your car unless something on your car can relate to that sticker! Haha.
-ben

As I've stated in another thread.....One is cool....but don't gaude up the car. Reasons not to put stickers all over the car: 1. If they ain't payin you, you don't advertise 2. Good way to take it up the tailpipe day in and day out by the popo. 3. Fine for a race car, but not so cool if your takin the kids to the pool. 4. Advertising the sh!te you got is a good way for someone to "F" with your car. Years ago there were alot of guys who would put stickers like Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, MTX in their windows. Shortly after many of them didn't have those components cause car audio is very easy to steal. Why don't you hang a sign out your window saying I have a $1000 amp under my passenger seat. Keep it classy and tasteful. One badge on the trunk is cool. On every side of the car is a rolling billboard.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

About the only decals or emblems I would put on, would be an STi badge on the lower right corner of the decklid/tailgate, and STi - Subaru Technica Internacionale decals (the very same ones on the WRX STi front doors) in the same location, or the front fender of a Legacy, but that legacy would be STi-ified with hardware, as well. I might also be tempted to put porsche-style "turbo" script on the trunk lid. I am still toying with that, as it is borderline tacky to me. The parallels are there, but not sure if it is too much. It'd also be repainted either WR Blue, (with STi cherry blossom red decals) or San Remo Red (What color STi Decals? Blue? Black? silver? Chrome mylar? Cherry blossom would be way to hard to see.) Basically, I would be building my interpretation of a Legacy STi, if Subaru doesn't. If subaru does, then I would probably have one, or mod a GT and leave the STi decals off, so not to impinge on an actual STi version. I'd have to call it a blitzen, or something else with Subaru historical significance. It's one of those things, that if Subaru doesn't produce a model officially, I feel like I can interpret it, but if they do an official version in the same bodystyle, that is just copy-cat. They did a Blitzen, and an S401 in the last bodystyle Legacy, but not in this one. So it is free for me to interpret a new version, however, if they build an official Legacy STi in this bodystyle, then if I were to build one of my own through modifications, it would be a shadow of the real version. That is just my wacky opinion. A Legacy 2.5 RS Turbo might be an interesting nameplate as well.

[quote name='axis008']Although I am also against decals, there are tasteful stickers that you can put on and still make the car look clean. How big is the STi decal? One thing, Franz, sorry to pick on you, about STi that most people don't realize, is that it's a tuning company just like all others. If I had to choose front or back I'd choose the back.[/QUOTE] Well said. I wouldn't rag on anyone for STi decals on stuff. STi makes parts as well as being a desgination for Subaru's performance lineup.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Well said. I wouldn't rag on anyone for STi decals on stuff. STi makes parts as well as being a desgination for Subaru's performance lineup.[/QUOTE] I agree with drift that STI is ok because it is subaru's performance division. No different than NISMO or Mazdaspeed. Just atleast have "some" STI parts on the car.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

The no bras one is funny if a little risque, if your SO isn't the type to take things personally it'd be funny to razor off the airbag sticker on the sun visor and replace it with that one. As for putting stickers on the exterior, I agree with the consensus. No parts, no sticker. I see it as counterproductive and damaging to your paint. If you really, really want lettering, I'd say go all out and have a pinstriper do it. Vinyl stickers are in the same class to me as poorly-fitted Altezza lights and stapled-on Bomex body kits. Leave that stuff on Cavaliers and Corollas..

Archived