LegacyGT.com

Went Spec.B shopping in Denver.

dr_sharp

Hello all,

First of all, I should say that I did not purchase, so no pics... sorry :redface: Never-the-less, I'd like to share my short story.

I started by calling the closest dealer, John Elway Subaru. They didn't have any Spec.Bs but they were very happy to help me out. I decided to continue my search at the other two dealers. The second closest was Burt Subaru and they had one in stock. I went to visit, checked out the car and was impressed. It was everything I expected. Lots of little details that I had not anticipated really helped confirm my decision. They didn't let me drive the car (just their policy) and I respect that. But the salesman - who's name I will not disclose out of respect - was not helpful at all. His attitude was less than positive and I don't think he took me very seriously. He knew very little about the car and his answers to my questions were complete bs. Needless to say I won't be returning there.

I really wanted to drive one of these cars so the next day a friend and I went to the final Subaru dealer in Denver, Mike Shaw Subaru. My friend really wants a limited wrx wagon and they had one in stock so he was pretty excited, too. To make things even better, they had an STi Limited in stock. No phone call, we just drove up and the salesman (Jose) was very polite and professional. My only words were, "Do you guys have a Spec.B." A big smile grew on the salesman face and his reply was simply, "follow me." He knew a lot about the car, it was evident that he also loved the car. He grabbed the keys and after looking around a bit I asked if it was allowed to go off the lot. He said they allowed 4 right turns so off we went. It was pretty much exactly what I expected. Not even close to the STi but still was able to put a smile on your face when the accelerator hit the floor. Didn't really get to take any spirited turns or high speed accleration but the car felt marvelous on the road. I was worried the ride would be too rough but this was not the case at all.

After the drive we met the sales manager and he was just as polite and told us that he actually owned a Legacy GT. I warned him not to drive the Spec.B or his wallet would be hurting :lol:

I am still in school at the moment but I believe once I graduate I will be visiting Denver to make my purchase. I've visited dozens and dozens of car dealers and this dealership was definitely near the top of the list. I hope others have had similar experiences with Mike Shaw Subaru.

lol

So you'd recommend Mike Shaw for a test drive?

If you consider 4 right turns a test drive, then yes. I was recommending based on the friendliness and professionalism displayed by both the salesman and manager. Even if I had not driven the car, my recommendation would not change.

lol

awesome experience

did they say anything about invoice, because being a regular production model, i dont think it is worth MSRP, or i cant understand their resoning for not offering/allowing invoice (i know its new this year, so im going to be waiting if thats the case)

i was told christmas is the time to go car shopping because not a lot of people buy cars for a present

I really wanted to drive one of these cars so the next day a friend and I went to the final Subaru dealer in Denver, Mike Shaw Subaru.

Bought my MT07LGT from John Elway West for nigh $5000 under sticker after a couple weeks of effort. Friend picked his up from Mike Shaw for $600 more than me in one night. The guy he talked to tried to tell us (after I had bought mine) that Subaru was not making GT wagons or MT sedans for 07. Maybe the ease of the deal had something to do with being caught in such a gross inaccuracy.

I looked at the spec.b when we were there, and I suspect that one could EASILY get it for well under $30K. Pretty nice, but I doubt it will be there too much longer.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

wow, sounds like a much better experience than I had in socal. I couldn't even arrange a test drive of a manual lgt without credit check and discussion of payment.

Yea, some dealers are very picky. Most of the time it is out of respect for the future owner.

The cars were marked at MSRP (35xxx) but the pricing discussions did not go very far so I don't know how low they would have gone.

lol

But the salesman - who's name I will not disclose out of respect - was not helpful at all. His attitude was less than positive and I don't think he took me very seriously.

I am still in school at the moment but I believe once I graduate I will be visiting Denver to make my purchase.

Sounds like that saleman read you correctly as someone who isn't a serious buyer.

Archived