LegacyGT.com

I'd like to thank my Legacy.

just so you all know.... every store every year has sales on friday after thanksgiving which is known as "BLACK FRIDAY". I was going to go this year but I lost my job a few weeks before so I couldn't waste money away that will be needed for bills. Mark it on your calendar's that friday after thanksgiving is BLACK FRIDAY...... Its only once a year and its the best sale anytime 50% - 85% off at some places...

Wish I could have gone... :(

Thanks for the welcome! I miss Bellevue a lot - was there for 4 years before Boston. :)

I was on the fence about doing it. I drove by around 6:30PM the night before to recon and there were already people lined up. I immediately parked and got in line even though I was still dressed for Thanksgiving dinner and totally unprepared for the weather.

People were really nice and loaned me an umbrella (it was pouring) and a milk crate to sit on (which turned out to be way better than the camp chair). I had to call my ex-husband and ask him to bring me the chair, an umbrella, the rainslicker, and dry socks. By then I was committed. :D

A couple of people pulled their cars into the fire lane for the sake of convenience, and at 2:45 two guys in an SUV pulled up nose-to-nose with the car that belonged to the first people in line and the driver got out with a baseball bat. The asshole leaned against the hood of his car and just stood there, so some people in line called the cops. What did they think was going to happen? :p It was only the police presence when they started handing out the vouchers at 4AM that kept the line-jumpers at bay. (btw, I deliberately didn't bring my Legacy up because I was too paranoid one of the idiots driving by to gawk at the line would hit it - I left it nice and safe far out in the parking lot, where I could see it, but it was out of the way.)

Anyway, had I had more cash to spare, they had some amazing deals, like a 32" LCD TV for $479, 50" HD LCD for $1699, etc. I actually might do it again next year, but I'll prepare better for the weather and have some backup (I was there by myself).

-Coelli

Guys, Hate to thread-jack, but FYI:

I just bought a second refurbished dell from outlet.dell.com. I have a new xps 410 with the 2.4 GHz core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, semilame 7300 LE vid card (256 mb), a 250 gb drive, and a DL dvd writer,

for $830. Shipped.

I thought it was a very good deal - waited to find the 2.4 GHz conroe.

I also bought my 19 in flat panel monitor there this summer for a great price which no longer sounds like a very good deal =\ LOL

Anyway I have had very good luck with dell - I don't need any tech support LOL, but the hardware has been very reliable and very good prices. If you wait long enough you can find the exact config you want but you have to check all the time because they move fast.

Anyway good luck.

Archived