LegacyGT.com

I'd like to thank my Legacy.

Thank you, Legacy, for helping me out when I decided to make the incredibly stupid decision to camp Best Buy last night for the Black Friday $250 Toshiba laptop. I've only had you for a little over a week but I can see this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

First of all, thanks for letting me have something pretty to look at all night in the parking lot. I parked you right where I could keep an eye on you. You looked pretty good all wet, which is good, since it literally poured rain from the time I got there at 7PM until finally stopping at around 3:30AM.

Thanks for getting me to Canton and back from Dedham in 40 minutes when I, completely soaked through after 2 hours even under my rainslicker, had to rely on the charity of my fellow line-goers to hold my place while I ran home for dry clothes (I left a puddle on the kitchen floor when I took my boots off). Thanks for having that turbo when I needed it.

Thanks for handling so well when I was exiting 95N onto Route 1/Dedham a little too fast on the way back. A lesser car would have been in trouble, and subsequently, so would I.

And thanks for the rear wiper too, by the way. I love the way you speed it up when the car goes into reverse.

Thanks for having the bitchen climate control and heated seats for the times I wimped out and had to spend 20 minutes in you to try to dry my socks off on the vents and warm up some because I was so cold and wet it hurt. Thanks for having the great sound system and subwoofer to cheer me up and keep me awake while I "recharged" enough to suck it up and get my butt back into line.

Thanks for having the cargo liner thing in the back too so when my camp chair, which kept collecting water and soaking above-said ass, had to get folded up and given up on it didn't soak the carpet.

And thanks for just making me damned happy to get into as I trucked my hard-earned new laptop out to the car at 5:15am past the throngs of people still in line. You were an absolute pleasure to drive home. I promise, we won't do this again next year. I've learned my lesson.

I <3 you. :)

-Coelli

So, what's the laptop like? Good deal?

Yeah, actually, it was a good deal! Normally $600 on sale for $250 - 15.4" widescreen, 1.6GHz Celeron, 512k upgradeable to 2gb, 60gb hard drive, DVD/CD-RW, Windows Vista (came installed with XP Home and a voucher for an upgrade to Vista).

I actually have another laptop (an HP) that's faster, but it's almost 9 pounds and this Toshiba is only 5.1 pounds, so the HP is going back to the ex-husband. The HP killed me when traveling because it's so heavy. So it was worth standing in the rain for the lighter one at that price.

And to keep this on topic, it'll look great in the LGT! ;)

-Coelli

Love it! :wub: Sass and style. Welcome aboard! :D I saw that deal out here in WA and was thinking of doing it until I read that they recommended you line up way before 4 am. :( I was going for the $899 17in 1.6 ghz Dual Core 100GB HD with 2 GB ram. :) Sold out online in a matter of minutes on Friday.... oh well! Back to searching....
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

That deal was being offered in California too.. I could have gotten that or the 379 one but the people in front of me decided to bring atleast 10 of their buddies later on in the night.. and both was declared sold out right after them. I started camping out there since 5pm and for them to come whenever they like and still be high up there was unfair. I ended up buying a 189 desktop system for my little sister. Came with 15in lcd and printer so not bad at all even though the processor wasn't my choice, but it's for my 10 y/o sister so it's perfect. Some really great deals at BestBuys. The next day I went to BestBuys and I saw the regular prices... looks like the Day after Thanksgiving sale is going to be the only day of the year me or my buddies decide to buy any thing big.

Love it! :wub: Sass and style. Welcome aboard! :D I saw that deal out here in WA and was thinking of doing it until I read that they recommended you line up way before 4 am. :( I was going for the $899 17in 1.6 ghz Dual Core 100GB HD with 2 GB ram. :) Sold out online in a matter of minutes on Friday.... oh well! Back to searching....

Thanks for the welcome! I miss Bellevue a lot - was there for 4 years before Boston. :)

I was on the fence about doing it. I drove by around 6:30PM the night before to recon and there were already people lined up. I immediately parked and got in line even though I was still dressed for Thanksgiving dinner and totally unprepared for the weather.

People were really nice and loaned me an umbrella (it was pouring) and a milk crate to sit on (which turned out to be way better than the camp chair). I had to call my ex-husband and ask him to bring me the chair, an umbrella, the rainslicker, and dry socks. By then I was committed. :D

A couple of people pulled their cars into the fire lane for the sake of convenience, and at 2:45 two guys in an SUV pulled up nose-to-nose with the car that belonged to the first people in line and the driver got out with a baseball bat. The asshole leaned against the hood of his car and just stood there, so some people in line called the cops. What did they think was going to happen? :p It was only the police presence when they started handing out the vouchers at 4AM that kept the line-jumpers at bay. (btw, I deliberately didn't bring my Legacy up because I was too paranoid one of the idiots driving by to gawk at the line would hit it - I left it nice and safe far out in the parking lot, where I could see it, but it was out of the way.)

Anyway, had I had more cash to spare, they had some amazing deals, like a 32" LCD TV for $479, 50" HD LCD for $1699, etc. I actually might do it again next year, but I'll prepare better for the weather and have some backup (I was there by myself).

-Coelli

^:lol: LEAVE MY LEGACY OUT OF THIS! Take the damn computer, but leave the Legacy ALONE! :D

Damn, I saw that $1699 deal also... $1100 OFF!!! :eek: Damn, wish I could afford that kinda TV. Looked very nice and waaaaay better then what you can even get at Costco.

How's Boston compared to Bellevue? :) Traffic's getting just as bad here as the East Coast now. :( Lived out here all my life but I've seen enough out there to know it's just a matter of time... :(

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm def. going again next year. Going earlier with more layers, comfortable chairs for each of us, and some kind of portable heater. Only thing that would drive me to not go would be horrible weather with deals that wouldn't be worth it.

You went alone?!?! wow what a trooper!

Archived