LegacyGT.com

NO TIME TO WAIT GIALLA!! ..Finished MY LED project !!

power_getter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea after looking at the pics I realized that it wouldn't work. whatever. I'm good with a dremel.

I really like the LED "bar" strips on the bottom.. kinda remind me of a 5 series tail from the previous generation.

also, I want to put maybe 6 5mm LEDs in a row and mount them in some type of plastic piece, and have them shine out sideways like any new car with LED tails

unfortunitally, no the baking method doesn't work. they are sealed with hard plastic. you have to dremel thom open. i am speaking from expearance. i cleared my turn signals so that they blink amber and not red. it is a major pita to get them open and not for the faint of heart. if you are planning on trying this, i would recommend doing what i did. get ontario from a junk yard and test it first.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I would love to LED my JDM's but I would probably cry if they got fracked up some way or the other. But if it was good ohhh baby that would be nice.

unfortunitally, no the baking method doesn't work. they are sealed with hard plastic. you have to dremel thom open. i am speaking from expearance. i cleared my turn signals so that they blink amber and not red. it is a major pita to get them open and not for the faint of heart. if you are planning on trying this, i would recommend doing what i did. get ontario from a junk yard and test it first.
Mr.350

I second that Mr_Luv. I almost crapped my pants when I relized that the OP did this to his JDM tail lights. I am still contimplating an LED conversion and how I want to do it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Hey ArcTec,

Have you purchased any parts from them before (AutoCenter.net)?

If you have, I was wondering if you knew how much they charge for shipping and if all the parts are brand new or refurbished. I'm just wondering why their prices are so low...

Thanks.

Anyway, so hopefully if i can sell my old stockers I'll have some money to finance me LED headlight and taillight projects: so, what I want to do, is not to buy the LED strips that the OP used, they're mad $$

but yeah, I want them to look similar, with the "line" idea. Also, I want to put some LEDs that go out the side, like on most modern cars with LED tails

http://www.berzindesign.com/wheels/2009-Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-S-Side-Tilt-Speed-1920x1440.jpg

http://www.berzindesign.com/wheels/2008-BMW-M5-Touring-Rear-And-Side-Speed-1920x1440.jpg

ArcTec, please let us know how that source turns out.

I'd likely pick up another pair to work on, if they really are that low-cost!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived