LegacyGT.com

Oil change made a noticable difference

I ran Amsoil's PAO synthetic ATM 10w-30 from April to October with no detectable oil consumption. I put on around 6k miles (9k-15k odo) during that time averaging 20.1 mpg mostly city driving.

I was apprehensive about using Amsoil's TSO Series 2000 Severe Service 0w-30 because I feared a lighter weight might lead to oil consumption. But it appears to be the better oil and claims better fuel economy.

Well, last October I made the switch and it made an immediate difference. The first time I got on the go pedal the engine spooled and revved faster than it ever had and waa-waa-waa hit the rev limiter before it shifted to second gear. I have the 5EAT and it was in full auto. I guess it's adapted because it hasn't happened again. I've also averaged 22.2 mpg as well over the last 2k miles (15k-17k odo) with no oil consumption, a 2.1 mpg improvement.

I bought a case of factory filters/crush-washers online shortly after I bought the car.

The Amsoil label says 35000 miles or one year! (follow factory mileage recommendation for filter)

I change mine every April before the hot weather and every October before the cold weather. It works out to about 6000 miles between changes.

My car is running on 5-30 Amsoil for the past 4,000 miles or so. I've heard nothing but great things about it. Actually, this is the only product I have ever researched that didn't have 1 negative review. I will be switching to GC next time and letting my oil analysis tell me which one my car likes best ;)

I was told by my Amsoil dealer that you should use the Amsoil filter, as it was built for extended drain intervals (25,000 miles I believe).

BTW, the 35,000 mile gaurentee is not valid for turbo cars. They recommend a max 15,000 mile drain interval for forced induction vehicles.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Archived