LegacyGT.com

Squeaky seat

turbodave

This was a slight squeak but was 'fixed' by the dealer. That lasted around 2 days, then came back with re-inforcements! The squeak seems to be coming from 1/3 way UP the seat back though, which is pretty difficult to isolate.

Incidentally; it's easy to replicate by sitting in the seat and rocking from side-to-side.

Am i right to assume that a pretty annoying squeak like this should be covered by warranty? By annoying, I mean every time I go into, around and out of even a slight corner, or move about in the seat, it starts squeaking away.

Anyone had this before, so i can point my service man in the right direction?

I have a 06 LGT Limmited (lether with electric) and have the exact same thing. There have been a fiew others with the same issue and my delier is working on getting things fixed because they have 2 or 3 other customers with this problems, and not all of them are LGT's, but all with leather. They have made some adjustments, put some dampening material in and just ordered the seet frame and rails. Another member that had this problem stated that they are getting new seet cutions but hasn't postetd in that thread for a while.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Yep got it too, but not really bad. It really only happens when I drive Highway One up the California coast fairly aggressively. Pop in a Tool CD and turn up the volume, squeak goes away like magic.

Sorry I don't have any advice on what to do. If your dealer solves it, let us know. Seems to be a common little problem.

K'Zoo... Really? I used to fly into the K'Zoo airport back around 1990 when I was flying and living in Michigan. One of my wife's friends lived in K'Zoo and went to Western Michigan. I have fond memories hanging out at her boyfriend's house near a small lake. We used to fly over from where my airplane was based (Willow Run Airport) near Ann Arbor.

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

• 2 weeks later...
I have an LGT with the same problem (without leather). It is VERY annoying! Finally took it to the dealer and they identified that there is squeak and took it in to fix it under warranty. Later they called and said that it is normal and that they have checked other cars on the lot with same issue. It is NOT acceptable. While I realize that my LGT is not a Bently, the seat should not sound like an old worn 60's truck seat. My previous WRX did not have any squeeks and I had it for over 4 years before I got my LGT. NOT acceptable at all. Now, I am so upset about it that I am looking for aftermaket seats... any specific ideas anybody?

Yeppers... Got a super squeaky seat here... Been fixed once already... gotta take it to the dealer again, along with the floormat hook, squeaky tire rod, and rattling dashboard... And I think a few other things but I cant remember them atm... lol... Too bad my nearest dealer is like 2 1/2 hours away...
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

The dealier finally fixed it :D. They replaced the seat rails and sound deadening material on all the metal to metal contact points. I have had it back for almost a week and not a sound. Also the seet seems to be a lot more stable. Before it felt that the seat leaned back a little to the right. Now it is rock solid.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived