LegacyGT.com

My Current Mod Plan - Opinions Welcome

All,

I just picked up an 05' SWP LGT 5MT (charcoal interior - whohoo!) with 18K on the clock. Very happy with the car so far. Like most of us here, modding is something we take great pride in and enjoy very much. It is just another hobby to me, an expensive one too. With that in mind. I have put together a mod list for my LGT that I will of course slowly progress through as I find the time and money. My main goal right now is to put these in order.

Appearance

1) Clear front headlights

2) JDM Mudguards

3) Grill – RBS or Custom?

4) Paint fog light surrounds black

5) Hood/bug deflector/clear bra - maybe

6) Front lip - maybe

Performance

1) AP 2.0, TDC Stage 1 map then stage 2, will any map fix hesitation/rough idle (injector/plugs issue maybe)?

2) Downpipe - Cobb or Invidia?

3) Uppipe – Which Brand?

4) Catback – Borla, etc? Needs to be quiet

5) Intake – Perrin, K&N, SPT, Drop in? CAI?

5) Short Throw – Cobb?

Suspension

1) Front and rear sways – Cusco, etc?

2) Springs – maybe struts too $?

3) Upgrade brakes

Misc

1) Subwoofer

2) Check to make sure cooling fan is not on – TSB for new ECU

I got the car tinted (35% all around) and put some snow tires on it (Yokohama AVS Winter). I have brand new summer tires (Eagle F1’s) to put back on in the spring if I do not get 18" rims (I likely will). Any advice is welcome. My main goal right now is to get an order down that makes the most sense. Thanks.

Mike

Suspension

1) Front and rear sways – Cusco, etc?

2) Springs – maybe struts too $?

3) Upgrade brakes

Do suspension first. Stock struts are crap IMHO. Either get Bilstein take-offs or coilovers. Wait with sways after struts/springs. IMHO rear JDM GT sway is more than sufficient to address body roll if you get better struts and lowering springs.

simple list... my advice is do any DIY work you can then buy performance/suspension parts first... cosmetics can be bought later.

you can DIY:

clear headlights

custom grill

paint fog covers

maybe disable the open door chime too

You've checked out the DIY section right?

add some washers to get a nice growl untill you get exhaust system

I like to work with stock things first untill money starts coming out the pockets

I am on the fence about the lip... I just don't know if I personally think it adds to the looks of the car. The deflector on the other hand was not really for looks, just paint protection.

I like deflector on my ABP. It's good on dark colors. On SWP or BSM it looks like crap.

spending money on suspension and handling before brake upgrades, and then spend on brake upgrades before power upgrades. I like to build up the car so it can properly handle and use power upgrades.

Ed

Listen to Ed!

yes it is a limited... pretty rare huh. I love the paint too... I washed it for the first time tonight and it is in perfect condition, no dents scratches, etc. A few tiny chips here and there. Much better than my RSX was after 18K.

Get the AP, stage 1 a great start

Get the JDM rear anti sway bar

Get some great comfortable yet sporty springs like iON's (jeez, do I sound like Han'sGT or what? The stock struts work well with these springs)

Get new rubber

Get a down pipe and then flash to Stage 2.

Get JDM spats

get rid of the grille and get a RBS edition

Do it all at the same time and then drive away realizing you have a totally transformed car. These (performance) changes are dramatic. They better the car like no other changes on other branded cars I've had...

I am looking for headers/ up pipe in the spring (and a custom tune) and I think my car will be complete.

But what do I know...

Archived