LegacyGT.com

Who Says Subaru Doesn't Advertise the LGT? Here's Two New 2007 LGT Ads

Jon in CT

You people who are complaining that Subaru doesn't advertise the LGT are probably just reading the wrong magazines (assuming you can read magazines).

The following ad plays on a popular notion within the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-, Trans-) community, which is that 10% of the US population is actually LGBT.

http://www2.commercialcloset.org/images/data/COMCLOSET_PICS/picture/12873.JPG

The next ad seems to emphasize the "crossover" nature of Subarus.

http://www2.commercialcloset.org/images/data/COMCLOSET_PICS/picture/12989.JPG

So, if these ads are actually successful and do sell some LGTs, I want all of you to play nice with the newcomers when they arrive here.

It's too bad, though, that the ads managed to get the HP of the 2007 LGT wrong.

;861803']http://www2.commercialcloset.org/images/data/COMCLOSET_PICS/picture/12989.JPG

OMG! I sure hope they cancel this ad or else I'm going to catch all kinds of sh*t at work. My coworker bought a Forester right before the Martina Navratilova ad and he gets grief all the time. His colleague used to refer to him as a lesbian wannabe (she's a lesbian).

Jon why do you like to stir things up? these ads are for gay only publications... and they were run almost a year ago. Jon likes to take things that the masses are uninformed about and make big deals out of them... like the remote start thread. He's like that little kid who enjoys poking at an ant pile with a stick and seeing the ants run all over the place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought the 10% meant that Subaru does such a poor job of advertising the Legacy that only 10% of people in any town even know about it! :icon_bigg

But of course I knew what it meant!

My logic sounds better.

X

---

Jon why do you like to stir things up? these ads are for gay only publications... and they were run almost a year ago. Jon likes to take things that the masses are uninformed about and make big deals out of them... like the remote start thread. He's like that little kid who enjoys poking at an ant pile with a stick and seeing the ants run all over the place.

You noticed that too huh ?

That's what makes Jon [in CT], Jon [in CT] :icon_wink

These ads completely suck just as much as the previous ones did.......

Now I do like the majority of the STI ads, How about something like this for a commercial.

Female is carving up the road in a WRX, she gets passed by a guy in a STI but as he goes by they both smile & wave to each other then a brief pause.... The guy is now driving a Shreck B she is in the passenger seat & 2 kids are in the back seat.

Carving up the same road!!

End the commercial with.............."Evolution"

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

That's what makes Jon [in CT], Jon [in CT] :icon_wink

Exactly:icon_wink Jon gives us stuff that most of us wouldnt ever see.Does he stir the pot occasionaly? Yes. Does he enjoy it sometimes? Yes Does he know more about Subarus then probably 90% of the guys here? IMHO Probably .

Jon's a good source,just don't poke HIM with a stick:icon_wink :lol:

Exactly:icon_wink Jon gives us stuff that most of us wouldnt ever see.Does he stir the pot occasionaly? Yes. Does he enjoy it sometimes? Yes Does he know more about Subarus then probably 90% of the guys here? IMHO Probably .

Jon's a good source,just don't poke HIM with a stick:icon_wink :lol:

If you can stomach nasioc... you'll see it

I prefer SoDealer. He's a much better source with a much better attitude. Can someone recruit him to this site please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They should just have an ad where a GT blows away every supposed performance vehicle like a crappy 3 series or a saab or a benz or a Mazda and that ugly kid saying zoom zoom. I want to beat him up more than the pepsi girl!

He's like that little kid who enjoys poking at an ant pile with a stick and seeing the ants run all over the place.
That's funny - comparing LGT.com with an ant pile.

I prefer SoDealer. He's a much better source with a much better attitude. Can someone recruit him to this site please?
He's actually pretty worthless as a source because he wants to keep his job. All he can say is something equivalent to: "I know but I can't tell you." Threads like http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983749 are more annoying than they are useful.

;865830']That's funny - comparing LGT.com with an ant pile.

He's actually pretty worthless as a source because he wants to keep his job. All he can say is something equivalent to: "I know but I can't tell you." Threads like http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983749 are more annoying than they are useful.

He gives us a lot more worthwhile numbers and puts things in perspective. You're ego and immaturity is astounding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I work at a GM dealer and catch hell from the guys here about my car all the time...I'm glad to see Subaru isn't shying away from a mostly untapped market. Whatever helps move metal...hopefully it means we'll all have many different Legacy options down the road if sales are strong. Some guy in marketing will either retire early as a very wealthy person...or will be collecting unemployment very shortly.

I'm not exactly sure of the history with Subaru and the GLBT community but I think it's great they are playing off of it to sell more cars. I for one think it's funny when people draw conclusions based on the car someone drives...

I am not a fan of either add. I constantly take heat from my homophobic brother about Subaru's and their affiliation with gay people. My brother calls is the LeGAYcy when we email each other. I really don't care, but you sure see alot of rainbows on the back of Outbacks around here.

I sorry but I must admit....I too am homophobic, when it come to cars. I didn't buy a Forester for that very reason, got too many winks and nods when I drove the Forester loaner:lol: . However, I dont agree that gays are the reason for Subaru success, old people are. Old people own more Subarus then any other demographic. They are also, usally, repeat buyers.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

OMG! I sure hope they cancel this ad or else I'm going to catch all kinds of sh*t at work. My coworker bought a Forester right before the Martina Navratilova ad and he gets grief all the time. His colleague used to refer to him as a lesbian wannabe (she's a lesbian).

If I where you I would be more worried about how they got in your house to get a picture of your closet then of what your co-workers are going to think. :icon_bigg

http://www2.commercialcloset.org/images/data/COMCLOSET_PICS/picture/12989.JPG

Archived