LegacyGT.com

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster

Simply Stunning:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/11/14/aston-martin-launches-v8-vantage-roadster/#more-4408

I can easily see this as my Miata replacement; you know, in about 20 years! Or maybe not that long. No word on price here, but the V8 coupe goes for ~$110k, I think - not *that* outrageous.

:wub:

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

it seems to me that astons are not meant to be super fast... i know they are sports cars and all, but quick acceleration and sheer horsepower (when compared to its peers) don't seem to be a high priority with the company... it seems that design and sheer good looks seem to be the main goals... they're just meant to be handsome, and well-behaved... with just enough balls to get by...

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/14-aston-martin-vantage-roadster.jpg

I'd buy that for a dollar! damn that car is hot. I am still enamored with Aston coupes, too, and the Rapide is the sexiest car with four side doors ever conceived. Aside from maybe the 997 C4S, these are the nicest GT coupes extant right now. It is re-inforcing my admiration for british cars, especially modern ones with reliable electrics. :D

Astons are GT cars primarily, and have been since David Brown has been building road cars, some being built or converted for DB's racing habit. Not as small, light, and focused as Lotus or the like. More luxurious, and more road-oriented.

The V8 Vantage is closer to a sports car than the DB9. the DBS/R... whatever they are going to call the new bond car might be interesting. Vantage-like with a monster V12.

It isn't going to be an F430 hyper-sport, or a Cayman S light weight track toy.

Although, I don't see why they don't put the supercharged version of the V8 in the Vantage... just the /R jags, and Rangeys... maybe soon.

Eh, thats a rappers' car. Thing with the SLs are that no matter if you buy a 550 or a 65AMG they all look pretty much the same. Theres too many SLs on the road which kills it rarity factor. Merc's interiors are uninspiring as hell too. Astons shine on being rare with exquisite attention to detail. When you own an Aston you know it aint all about going fast. A matter of fact you wanna drive slow so everyone will see you. :icon_wink

A Merc CL or SL or just about any high-end merc, or Maybach is for people who want to ooze the appearance of money.

An Aston Martin oozes taste, and automotive enthusiasm, not just status.

A Merc driver drives an expensive car because it is expensive, and looks the part.

An aston martin is driven by someone who knows what a car is. More like a nice Porsche, maybe a rarer BMW, or a driveable Ferrari.

I know those are stereotypes, and I am sure there are plenty of Mercedes enthusiasts... but I don't put mercedes on the same level of enthusiasm-inspiring passion as the finer sports cars like Aston, Porsche, Lamborghinini, Ferrari, and others.

Archived