LegacyGT.com

489 miles 1 qt down on oil

friviz68

this car had been to the dealership i cant count how mant times for a missfire code in cylinder 2 and i cant put oil in it fast enouf the dealership did a comp test all four cylinders had 125 psi what is going on with this car????? any input would be grate:confused:

this car had been to the dealership i cant count how mant times for a missfire code in cylinder 2 and i cant put oil in it fast enouf the dealership did a comp test all four cylinders had 125 psi what is going on with this car????? any input would be grate:confused:

What kind of car?

Which engine?

How many miles?

If this is a new car, you should lemon law it.

1 quart every 500 miles is definitely out of specification. I think most cars have a very "liberal" spec of 1 quart every 1000 miles so that the dealer doesn't have to fix anything, but ... 500 miles? That's too much oil consumption.

I had a similar problem, stock, 2 litres consumption in 800 kms.

No oil on driveway, no oil on the back of the car, no oil on the dipstick, subie kept saying it was "normal" until my engine started knocking 2000kms after an oil change with zero oil level.

Bad cylinders, Engine replaced under warranty after 30k kms...

Good luck!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33684&highlight=extreme+oil

sorry for not including the car its a 2005 legacy gt 25 turbo 58,000 miles its been using this oil for along time now dealership its saying anything about tec line says 500 miles a qt is ok

Get a tailpipe emissions test done on it. Hopefully it will fail, because of excessive HC emissions. If it does fail, the dealer will have to repair the vehicle under the emissions warranty.

Have the dealer start a oil consumption test...they change the oil (at your expense) and then you return in 500 miles and they check the level, then you return at 1000 miles and they check the level...just don't add any during the test (let them add it) so they can get a proper consumption test.

the car is going to the dealer on 11-15-06 sub of america is sending down a rep to make sure this car gets fixed .thare going to do a oil consumption as well i also wonted to say thanks for all the replys. ill post what end up being wrong with this car. the car has 58,000 this has been going on since the car had 48,000 miles leave it to the dealership to not know whats wrong with it?

You likely have some bad cylinders and are loosing oil through them. Its pretty rare with our cars but myself and 1 or 2 others at least, on the forum have had the problem and now have rebuilt/replaced engines and associated parts.

FWIW the "new" engine, only uses .5-1 qrt between oil changes which seems pretty standard on this forum.

They should certainly do a oil consumption test, I had a nightmare with my dealer who kept denying there was a problem every time I brought the car in, finally doing a consumption test after I demanded they address the issue my 4th or 5th time bringing them the car with zero oil level reading shortly after oil changes.

Be prepared though if they have to replace the engine youll be without your car for 2-3 months, they should provide a loaner tho, but no turbo :p

They should certainly do a oil consumption test, I had a nightmare with my dealer who kept denying there was a problem every time I brought the car in, finally doing a consumption test after I demanded they address the issue my 4th or 5th time bringing them the car with zero oil level reading shortly after oil changes.

Be prepared though if they have to replace the engine youll be without your car for 2-3 months, they should provide a loaner tho, but no turbo :p

I know a fellow 05 LGT owner that had a similar dealer nightmare regarding oil consumption. FWIW, dealer / SOA were not willing to fix until he hired a lawyer.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

i cant believe that the tec found that the intake cam was a tooth off from the factory this car i dont know about it its one of a kind lol

The person(s) who built the motor was sloppy. Does the engine run OK, other than the misfire? Are you the original owner?

Hmmm, sounds very familiar.

Either a blown turbo or a cracked ring land. I experienced both.

For the latter, the compression check passed on a warm engine, but failed for an overnight cold engine.

Bone friggin stock. Pixors:

http://tinypic.com/ja8iu9.jpg

I keed I keeed

well the car went to the dealer on the 14th for the oil com and they also need to adress the skip it has at idle. iv had the skip for a long time now it spent 2 weeks at the dealer for that and they could not fix. turns out that thare are 3 others in the country that have the same problem the skip. one one of them they replaced both the heads but it didnt fix the problem. on the other they replaced the block. still didnt fix the skip. so now sub is saying its a electriciel problem and as far as the dealer nows sub hasent fixed the problem yet this car has been it the dealer ship for 20 days for a bunch of problems all warrenty work thank god.

• 3 weeks later...
sub is taking the car back because if it goes in the shop again it has already been in the shop for 3 weeks so if i put in the shop again they only have a week to fix it or it to be a lemon so they just wont the car back i faxed karen from soa 36 pages of repair history on my car. at this point i dont know if i wont another legacy cause of all the problems iv had with this one im also looking at a wrx limited?

Archived