LegacyGT.com

coins 'n change!

the ashtray! i was going to remove it.. but the little plastic window helps diffuse the light in there.. i can throw change in, and if i really need to get at it... I can just pull the whole unit out. No smoking in my car... never have.. never will... so since i was 'forced' to get an ashtray.. i'm gonna use it... i would be interested in an aftermarket pop in tray with curved inside corners to help get change out ... HINT HINT not everyone smokes SOA!

[quote name='MSB']Isn't there a small coin holder to the side of the steering column, under the wing mirrors controls?[/quote] That's interesting that you'd say that. In my Wife's '03 Legacy there is a pocket that also doubles as a fuse access panel. On my '05 GT there is just an access panel. Do you have a pocket of some sort there?

[quote name='Trent Bates'][quote name='MSB']Isn't there a small coin holder to the side of the steering column, under the wing mirrors controls?[/quote] That's interesting that you'd say that. In my Wife's '03 Legacy there is a pocket that also doubles as a fuse access panel. On my '05 GT there is just an access panel. Do you have a pocket of some sort there?[/quote] it was on my '02 as well.. i think this was designed away in '05...

This is the first car I've owned in quite a few years that didn't come with some sort of change holder. My GTP has a small spring loaded change dispenser that mounts in the center console pocket and holds up to $2.25. While that is neat in a way, I also kind of found it to be somewhat insulting for some reason. I realize that it doesn't quite make sense. It makes even less sense now that I'm thinking of putting something similar in my GT. As a matter of fact, the GTP coin holder might fit nicely in the armrest pocket next to the 12V outlet! Just a little velcro ought to hold it there!

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Trent Bates']This is the first car I've owned in quite a few years that didn't come with some sort of change holder. My GTP has a small spring loaded change dispenser that mounts in the center console pocket and holds up to $2.25. While that is neat in a way, I also kind of found it to be somewhat insulting for some reason. I realize that it doesn't quite make sense. It makes even less sense now that I'm thinking of putting something similar in my GT. As a matter of fact, the GTP coin holder might fit nicely in the armrest pocket next to the 12V outlet! Just a little velcro ought to hold it there![/quote] I had a GTP once too and I liked the change holder- I wonder if anyone has a couple on the GTP boards for sale...

Guest *Jedimaster*
I wish I still had my GTP- that thing was nice. What wasn't nice was the brakes going out at 15K miles and Pontiac telling me I abused them. Which I did not. Also, the sunroof leaking through the open/close controls did not make me happy.

Archived