LegacyGT.com

suspension help.

RaGe

steve: i didnt really get to open it up on the way home. but it did handle fine. i guess it got worse or something along the line. i am uncertain though. i am guessing and judging by the numbers on the attachment, is based on the toe that i had. the way the tech described to me was when i was cornering the toe was just messing me all up. i am not all that pressed about the camber now that eveyone has described taht it is normal. but the toe that i had i guess was pretty bad.

Front left 0.14toe front right 0.13

rear left 0.20 toe rear right 0.20

i had a total toe of 0.27 deg. on the front and 0.40 deg on the rear. so i guess that is where my prob was.

new numbers are

FRONT

cross camber -0.04

cross caster 0.26

cross SAI -0.61

total toe 0.08

REAR

cross camber 0.27

total toe 0.01

thrust angle 0.01

i checked everything on the car. i checked the struts tire pressure got up underneath it and check. i know it would be hard to spot a harline bend but i was willing to get up underneath it and look so i satisfied myslef. but she made a remarkable change. she handles really nice now. i got to open her up a few times around corners and i think i just need some road gripping tires now to accomodate my needs now.

Shawn,

As far as your numbers are concerned I don't think you have enough camber in the front and the rear is a bit on the positive side, when it should be toward the negative(IMO). Your front&rear toe is fine.

Someone proof me on this just to be sure.

i'd go with max negative camber up front, equal on both sides and 0 toe all around. fwiw my car, which is a daily driver/commuter/tow vehicle, has -1.7 degrees of camber up front and is still wearing the outer edges of the tires faster than the inside ones.

oh yeah. that alignment done miracles. handles like a beaut now.

i may wait until i get my tires and wheels and have her aligned up perfect. Get the same numbers all the way around. but i will need to find somone that knows what they are doing to take there time to accomidate my need on that.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Archived