LegacyGT.com

So the GT Limited Sedan with a Manual Transmission...

I'm just hoping the fit and finish has improved since the '05s. I remember looking at the glove box door and it didn't quite fit into the cutout on the dash. The upper left corner stuck out a little bit and I couldn't push it in.

the fit and finish is not any different in the 5mt's than the 5eat's afaik; not sure why you couldn't sit in a 5eat if this was your concern

your post is starting to go all over the place. i am getting off this ride before i get motion sickness.

the fit and finish is not any different in the 5mt's than the 5eat's afaik; not sure why you couldn't sit in a 5eat if this was your concern

your post is starting to go all over the place. i am getting off this ride before i get motion sickness.

You are completely misunderstanding my posts then.

All I said was that I test drove a LegacyGT in '05 and I'm hoping that the fit and finish is better in the '07s.

When I went to give my check of $300 to the guy to bring in an '07 MT from another dealership, he never offered to show me the inside of what he had on the lot (GT ATs and 2.5i MT sedans) nor did he even offer me a brochure to look at while I waited the three days he told me it would take.

I guess it also depends on the area. Being SoCal I have a selection of at least 10 dealers within 100 miles of me. I bought mine from a dealer about 70 miles away because it was the one I wanted.

Oh yeah? I bought mine, sight unseen, from a dealer 3,000 miles away! Do I win the furthest car purchase prize within the continental US?

There were no new '06 GRP MT sedans within several hundred miles of me and Reza just happened to post up one for a great price! The extra discount he gave me made up for the shipping costs.

there's nothing wrong with wanting to test drive a car before ordering one. i, for one, would not purchase a model i have never driven simply on the word of some forum posters.

a more helpful suggestion might be to see if you can test drive an '05/'06 mt, as it is basically the same driving dynamics, engine, suspension, etc., etc., then sit in an '07 auto to check out the latest add-ons. if it all seems worth it to you, then order one the way you want.....you will survive the wait (unlike cartman).

Thats not what im saying, i've test driven the cars i wanted about 4-5 months before buying them, hell i test drove an 05 Legacy GT when they first came out and was quite impressed with the whole package, even tho i didn't buy one until 1.5 years later, and yes i've ordered and waited on all my cars that i've bought because i knew exactly what i wanted and wasnt going to complain about missing features.

Ed

You made my point, when you're dealing with a low-volume car, you have to be willing to travel to find what you want if you're not willing to wait for one to be ordered.

I would have bought mine from Reza since his is the closest dealer....but they didn't have the car I wanted.

This is fairly US specific. US buyers are used to buy a car on the spot like an applaiance and whine if they have to wait for it.

Very unlike Europe, where it's normal to order a car according to your spec - hence usually huge selection of options and customization possibilites.

But OTOH they pay dearly for that.

I did it in reverse - I found the car I wanted and then drove there to buy it. I picked up my car from the dealer's "pre-delivery" lot, where it still had the transport plastic on it and 9 miles on the odometer. No one from the dealership had even sat in the drivers seat.

I bought the car on Sept 24, 2004. Later on, while working under the dash, I found a build date on one one of the plastic pieces of Sept 7, so it wasn't long after production that I picked up the car.

I drove almost 500 miles each way (Orlando, FL) to buy my car. I've driven many places to buy a car - Chicago, Jacksonville FL, and even a small town in North Carolina. I'm extremely picky about my cars and will buy only the right one.

Neat. They list it on their inventory as an automatic. One of a whopping two TOTAL Legacies of any type or year in their inventory.

hmm you're right it does say it's an auto, but they lie. i've seen it with my own two eyes. their inventory is screwey anyway, one wrx, three STI's....

subaru's arent big sellers round here.

On what would have been my second and final trip to the dealer before giving up on Subaru I got lucky and they had a 06 mt GT to test drive.

My 07 arrived 6 weeks after ordering and just 5 days after being assembled.

I wanted to test drive a mt volvo but the dealer said he barely remembered seeing one.

Americans love Automatics and driving with one hand on the phone.

Oh. Work with 05, too. Have them.

Do they only work with the sedan, or the wagon too?

How hard is the install? Is it as complicated as another boost gauge install, etc?

If it was a really simple install, $775 might be worth it. But, I'm thinking I can get 3 good gauges for those three functions for $150-200. It might not look as nice, but.. $500 just for aesthetics??

HV

Do they only work with the sedan, or the wagon too?

You're kidding, are you? Of course work with the wagon. The diff between wagon and sedan is really ONLY in the back....

How hard is the install? Is it as complicated as another boost gauge install, etc?

If it was a really simple install, $775 might be worth it. But, I'm thinking I can get 3 good gauges for those three functions for $150-200. It might not look as nice, but.. $500 just for aesthetics??

HV

Took me like 3-4 hours, but I was taking my time. You can get them online for $600. Yes, I could not decide for any aftermarket gauges. When you add all adapters, pods, etc. these are not that much expensive. I like them a lot, too bad are not dark like stock gauges.

Besides, I bought them used for $450 :eek::lol:

Hey I got a speeding ticket in Milledgeville, GA. 77 in a 55.

Wow, not much you're gonna do when you're caught at that speed. The city and county are usually pretty good about speed enforcement, basically giving you up to 68-69 without complaint. Anything over that though will probably get you a nice yellow piece of paper as token of your visit :D Sometimes, though, if you come back clean and they're feeling generous, they'll let you slide with a warning. They're more into protecting the public vs. just generating income, so if you were by yourself and not being reckless, you may be ok.

The state patrol is a different story. Their allowed margin is usually about the same but if they turn around, you can bet the farm that you're getting a ticket. They don't mess around with warnings. I had one compliment my car "I didn't know Subaru made such a nice car" as he handed me my ticket for 82 in a 55 :eek:

Wow, not much you're gonna do when you're caught at that speed. The city and county are usually pretty good about speed enforcement, basically giving you up to 68-69 without complaint. Anything over that though will probably get you a nice yellow piece of paper as token of your visit :D Sometimes, though, if you come back clean and they're feeling generous, they'll let you slide with a warning. They're more into protecting the public vs. just generating income, so if you were by yourself and not being reckless, you may be ok.

The state patrol is a different story. Their allowed margin is usually about the same but if they turn around, you can bet the farm that you're getting a ticket. They don't mess around with warnings. I had one compliment my car "I didn't know Subaru made such a nice car" as he handed me my ticket for 82 in a 55 :eek:

Heh... I agree with you on all points about Milledgeville. I drove through there about 20 times to go from Ft. Gordon to Warner Robins on the weekends... My 86 Celica ST I topped it out at 105 (goverened I think) on the stretch south of Millidgeville going north and I know there's this portion of road where there's three or four hills that you drive on one after the other after the other... I bottomed out my shocks on the troughs of all of them. That was when I was in a hurry (had a AIT formation at Gordon at 3PM and it was ~1:30 on a Sunday)... I even passed cars when I had the solid line on my side. I was smart about it (I watched the road ahead very closely for cars - and if I didn't see any for a while I assumed they didn't exist behind hills and such), but I definitely wouldn't do that today.

F* I was really stupid back then... About 18 years old at the time (~1998). Perfect age for death. :|

I had to wait awhile for my 5BE (2005 GT wagon, non limited w/ manual), two years in fact!

Back in fall of 2004 when the new LGT's came out I went to the dealership to (actually went to two - Portland has TONS of subaru's and some of the largest volume dealers), but could only find a limited manual wagon. I drove it and was in love. There was only a handful of manuals around and the dealership close to my house didn't have a one.

At the time, I was in school and just couldn't swing it. Then Subaru broke my heart and stopped offering the MT in the wagon. The only reason I even was interested in the LGT was because they offered the manual with a wagon, an STI in disguise! Well, last month as I was searching on AutoTrader, the was a 5BE for sale 5 miles from my house. It had 15k miles and I got it for 20K (someone took a 7k depreciation hit!). It already had the windows tinted, and Magna Flow exhaust.

Anyway, I got my manual tranny wagon, and am loving it. I have been getting a twisted satisfaction launching and laying waste to civics with a "grocery getter" :icon_mrgr

I also want to get a set of gauges for my dash!

I guess I've been lucky then. The Illinois troopers are real hardasses and I got a warning once. Another time a 74 in a 55 (or someting) though I was really doing 85. He told me he reduced it to the lower level because I didn't play any games with him. 20 (or is it 15) mph over the posted limit gets you into a whole other unpleasent realm of penalties. The trooper even told me how to keep the points off my licence.

Archived