LegacyGT.com

Joey's Crash

ineedone

None of that will be on Joeys or daddys record......

Homeowners policy claim, including the car

I am sure the homeowners policy will be cancelled soon though;)

It always baffles me how is it allowed. The insurance is such a scam - you use it - then you loose it!

That made my F*%$#ng day there!!! Thanks. That'll be a commercial or something! I'm sure there's damage to that car!!! Priceless!!

AP TDC Pro Tune Stage 2 Map, Crucial Racing Uppipe, Stromung DP, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Crucial Racing 160* T-stat, K&N Air Filter, Piaa FR-S Wheels, Nitto Neo-Gens. My list is slowly growing!!

Now why would you leave the keys in the car with your kid dickin around with it? I say they deserved everything that happened and that kid would've gotten a HUGE ass whoppin' if that was may car, child services my ass!

• 4 weeks later...

I first learned to drive a go-kart with a centrifugal clutch. At idle, it goes nowhere. Apply throttle, the clutch engages, it goes. Then I learned to drive a dirt bike (manual transmission of course) and then a car with a manual transmission. Piece o' cake. Oh, and throw in a friend's scooter somewhere in there too - another vehicle with a centrifugal clutch, always effectively in "drive" but idles at a standstill.

Then, in driver's ed, I had my first experience with an AT. The instructor asks if I've driven before, I say yes. We go through the pre-flight, blah blah blah, he tells me to put it into drive. I do.

Car lurches forward about six inches, I stomp on the brakes, we both bounce around. I'm thinking, "WTF?"

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU'D DRIVEN A CAR BEFORE?!?!?!" He was pissed.

"I have. Two. Not an automatic."

"Oh." I think we both felt kinda silly at that point. He assumed I was familiar with ATs, I assumed ATs were like go-karts and scooters.

No harm done. Coulda been worse. :D

• 4 weeks later...
What the car looks like now

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/ujoint%20carnage/1103061458a.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/ujoint%20carnage/1103061458b.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/ujoint%20carnage/1103061459a.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/ujoint%20carnage/1103061458.jpg

That should buff right out :icon_bigg

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I first learned to drive a go-kart with a centrifugal clutch. At idle, it goes nowhere. Apply throttle, the clutch engages, it goes. Then I learned to drive a dirt bike (manual transmission of course) and then a car with a manual transmission. Piece o' cake. Oh, and throw in a friend's scooter somewhere in there too - another vehicle with a centrifugal clutch, always effectively in "drive" but idles at a standstill.

Then, in driver's ed, I had my first experience with an AT. The instructor asks if I've driven before, I say yes. We go through the pre-flight, blah blah blah, he tells me to put it into drive. I do.

Car lurches forward about six inches, I stomp on the brakes, we both bounce around. I'm thinking, "WTF?"

"I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU'D DRIVEN A CAR BEFORE?!?!?!" He was pissed.

"I have. Two. Not an automatic."

"Oh." I think we both felt kinda silly at that point. He assumed I was familiar with ATs, I assumed ATs were like go-karts and scooters.

No harm done. Coulda been worse. :D

This is why most American Drivers don't know shit about driving (especially youngsters).

My friend is from Turkey and he told me in Europe, Driver's Education is like

6 - 9 month long and the road test is about 30 minutes long.

Oh and you must know how to drive a manual.

Also, in Europe the Driver's Education course and the written test consist of 3 sections.

1) First Aid (after an accident)

2) Car Mechanics - Engine, Transmission and other moving parts

3) Driver's knowledge - driving laws like speed adjustment , etc

If you fail any part of the test you must take the complete the course again.

My point is the new drivers in Europe are probably more knowledgeable then new and some experienced American drivers.

I know Joey is 14 but how many high school students in American with a drivers license (with no experience w/manual transmission) would know not to start a car with the car in gear without your foot on the clutch? I try to stay clear of newbies on the road in their point and drive automatic transmission cars.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived