LegacyGT.com

OBXT Rollover on 95 w/pics

RobE

If they only knew the RE92's caused it :(

Also why did the airbags not deploy?

If you look the Front bumper has little or no damage (just the fender area), and the doors were not impacted head-on so the side bags should not deploy either.

I doubt the RE92A's caused it since they got HIT by another car and sent into a spin.

"We were driving our 2005 Outback XT, which we loved, with out seat belts on" [/Quote]

"As officers serving active duty military in the US Coast Guard, both my wife and I hold ourselves to a high standard of responsibility, accountability and safety". [/Quote]

:eek: that's some extreme irony if I've ever heard it. thankfully, they are safe, but no seatbelts? WTF?

Also why did the airbags not deploy?

mine didnt either when I got in that accident & I wasn't happy about it

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

If you look the Front bumper has little or no damage (just the fender area), and the doors were not impacted head-on so the side bags should not deploy either.

I would have expected side curtain deployment. There are lots of stories of the airbags not deploying.

I doubt the RE92A's caused it since they got HIT by another car and sent into a spin.

Think about this...tires make a difference :icon_wink

:eek: that's some extreme irony if I've ever heard it. thankfully, they are safe, but no seatbelts? WTF?
I'm pretty sure that's a typo - switch "r" for "t". I didn't even notice it and read it as "with our seat belts on." It is an ironic typo though. ;)

The cabin integrity looks great and the car obviously got beat to hell. I'm drivin the exact same car, so hopefully if I ever have to endure such an accident it will save my life & that of my wife & dogs too. :D

~edit~ Ok, I guess I type slow - very late to the typo party.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

^^when Scans got hit his airbags went off but he was hit like right on the sweet spot. I will say it again. I'm not happy about them not going off.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The airbags are designed to go off when they are needed. Had they all died or suffered serious injuries, then you could make a big stink about the airbags. But since they walked away without the airbags going off, then they obviously were not needed.

after rereading that, it's possible that the car was only doing 30-35mph by the time it flipped

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

they most liekly rolled due to sudden grip level change after going through 3 lanes... if that were the case, the LGT woud have probably rolled too - i have seen evos and an s2000 flip under such conditions.

Archived