LegacyGT.com

AVO panel filter does not fit !?!?!

CasopoliS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sell your car and find one that fits the filter

lol

I drove it and it sounds fine. I really miss the BOV noise from the K&N Typhoon, but dont miss the loud whistle at acceleration.

I think the car is a little lagier - but it could just be me. Maybe the noise made me THINK I was going faster!!!

After a serious beat down I got it to go in. There were some cracking noises because the plastic was being so stretched - but once I got it in it settled fine. SO... I think only the outer-most edge was superwide, and once I got past that everything was ok... just SUPER snug.

STILL -

it was a horrible fit and in no way should I pay $50+ for a filter that I have to use a HAMMER to get in.

unfortunately I am one of the 5% that had fitment issues while 95% said it fit perfectly. just luck I guess.

And your sure you didn't get the wrong filter(maybe WRX) and just forced it? Paul(AVO) and others in this thread have stated you may have gotten one that was boxed wrong.I feel sure rallitec or AVO would have taken the filter back and rectified the situation and not suggested a hammer:icon_roll fr the install if you weren't in such a hurry

I wouldnt be slamming a product/(vendor) that almost everybody else who has this filter said fit just fine without trying to straighten out the problem before posting here .

You outa know better,your a vendor:rolleyes:

I wouldnt be slamming a product/(vendor) that almost everybody else who has this filter said fit just fine without trying to straighten out the problem before posting here .

You outa know better,your a vendor:rolleyes:

STILL -

it was a horrible fit and in no way should I pay $50+ for a filter that I have to use a HAMMER to get in.

unfortunately I am one of the 5% that had fitment issues while 95% said it fit perfectly. just luck I guess.

this was just a statement, not vendor bashing at all. I am sure they would rectify the situation, but I am pretty sure it is MY airbox - so I am not going to deal with a return, etc just to risk it happening again. As a vendor I understand that unless a replacement is ABSOLUTELY needed, its best to just keep what you have.

A small percentage of my cubbypods fit snugly as well - and for the same reason - cubby dims were different. So... I know what it is like. That is why I made the filter work. Now that it is in, I am happy. Maybe after a few heat cycles it will go in and out smoothly.

AVO personally contacted me which I thought was nice and of course they are willing to do anything it takes to make me happy.

At this point I am satisfied and if anything bad occurs down the road, that can be traced to the tight fit, I am sure they can help.

Thanks to everyone for helping me!

Jon

AVO panel filter does not fit!?!?

,,,STILL -

I guess somebody who happened to do a search fr AVO or panel filters wouldn't read this part eh:lol:

You didn't want to wait fr a resolution and forced it.And don't take your quotes out of context.:icon_wink

I resolve issues myself if I can. So I did.

quote]

Yes you did ,,with a hammer:icon_wink :lol: .

I'm done:icon_cool ,,kids are coming I need to hand out candy.

Ps,,,Any mod he reported me to feel free to close/lock.:icon_bigg

learn how to quote

and I did not report you to anyone, why would I do that.

how did an OEM legacy filter fit in there if your airbox isn't to specs? That's weird stuff. Did you measure the box itself? I'd be interested to see the dimensions, (I'd measure mine also to see if there are differences).

Archived