LegacyGT.com

Another cool ford... besides the mustang.

The Way Forward

Ford Motor Company's restructuring plan, made public in 2006, is known as The Way Forward.

Translation: As of 2006, Ford is still 50hp short of competing with the now 9 year old LS1.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Ford is run by idiots. If they sold that car here, it'd go as fast as they could build it.

Luxury sedan, 380+ hp, turbo inline 6 = tuner's paradise, and a 6spd auto to boot. Yep, the "powerful" 250ish hp Lincoln MKZ (formerly Zephyr) is safer to market to stupid Americans. We wouldn't understand performance.

If they sold it here it would make a nice competitor to the SRT8 line of DCM sedans.

To begin with, Isn't that a re-badged Holden? Apprently Aussys can make really good cars, so Ford takes em and re-badges them.

Still don't understand how the GTO flopped...

:icon_conf Holden = GM

That sedan is based from Ford's Aussie Falcon lineup.

Still don't understand how the GTO flopped...

Because GM failed to realize that a bunch of 50 year old throw back muscle car enthsiasts would get so offended by its subtle looks and absolutely forget that an LS2 GTO was absolutely (and still is) the most bang for the muscle car buck.

Couple idiot American car comsumers with idiot American automakers times the EPA and then divide that by the greedy UAW and you have disaster.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Because GM failed to realize that a bunch of 50 year old throw back muscle car enthsiasts would get so offended by its subtle looks and absolutely forget that an LS2 GTO was absolutely (and still is) the most bang for the muscle car buck.

Couple idiot American car comsumers with idiot American automakers times the EPA and then divide that by the greedy UAW and you have disaster.

The GTO will be back on the new chassis that GM built for the 09 Camaro.

fpv from austrailia make some neat cars. i mean 370 hp and 410 ft/lbs from an inline 6 is pretty good. not to mention that the car is about $42,000 us (for a cheaper model). i think they look great. and you can get them with a 6 speed manual.

Archived