LegacyGT.com

Politics on replacement keys

Oh, automaker will just require dealers to keep an extra key for all the vehicales it sells and fedex them in case of need

That's not what they are intending. They want locksmiths to be able to code a key for you at 3am when you are out in the middle of nowhere. They are allowing till 2013 for a few large companies like Merc & BMW to overnight a key out to you. But for everyone else, they basically want a 24 hour locksmith service to be able to provide you with a key.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sorry but i have to raise the B*ll Sh*t flag here. Anyone who is going to spend 7700.00 (without the nessary 1200.00 scope) for a 5 ft long 37 pound rifle, is not going to rob the local quicky mart or shoot his wife. This uneducated liberal attitude toward high end firearms is insane. 99.9% of all violent crime is comitted by guns which cost less then 300.00. High horsepower vehicales are more dangerous to society then guns. More teenagers are killed each year by high speed then firearms. In addition, banning weapons from one state but not all states does nothing to keep bad guys from obtaining them legally and using them in crimes in other states. The ban on assault weapons in Kalifornia is a sham and does NOTHING to prevent crime.

Oh, automaker will just require dealers to keep an extra key for all the vehicales it sells and fedex them in case of need

I say you let anyone who wants to buy thermonuclear devices. I mean how many people can afford a half billion dollars or so per warhead? Banning nuclear weapons does nothing to keep the bad guys from getting them.

MikeBravo, your right-wing dogma about it being a good idea for civilians to own assault rifles goes hand-in-hand with the right of individuals to own WMD. It just doesn't make sense.

And it all boils down to the idea of the Second Amendment whose intention was to maintain the Minuteman Militia ONLY - it simply has no bearing today.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I am sorry but i have to raise the B*ll Sh*t flag here. Anyone who is going to spend 7700.00 (without the nessary 1200.00 scope) for a 5 ft long 37 pound rifle, is not going to rob the local quicky mart or shoot his wife.

You're absolutely right. He probably has an entire arsenal of more appropriate weapons to choose from when he shoots his wife or robs the Quickie Mart.

MikeBravo, your right-wing dogma about it being a good idea for civilians to own assault rifles goes hand-in-hand with the right of individuals to own WMD. It just doesn't make sense.

And it all boils down to the idea of the Second Amendment whose intention was to maintain the Minuteman Militia ONLY - it simply has no bearing today.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Hey, It is someone else who has actually read the second amendment.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

The city I live in has a city ordnance banning nuclear weapons. It's a $500 fine. I'm totally serious, not kidding here. They did try to stop the DOE from going through the city, but the local PD were outgunned. You don't mess around with DOE guys. They make spec ops guys look like kids playing soldier.

Assault weapons are nothing. There are 42 states that allow NFA weapons, which are machine guns, silencers, and the best AOW (All Other Weapons). There are a few states that allow destructive devices including gas weapons. Perfectly legal. If you have enough money, you can even buy your very own, only 1 in the US, full auto MK19 grenade launcher. http://www.ccfa.com/MK19.htm

How did we digress from keys to guns?

I think the second ammendment means different things to different poeple based upon the differences in their upbringing and life experiences.

Some will ALWAYS support right to bear arms, others not so much.

I think more regulations on weapons is nothing more than a feel good measure.

-Criminals don't care about gun control laws.

-Every crime commited using a fire arm (legally owned or not) was still a felony.

- Bad guys have guns in places the shouldn't already and are not held accountable for it (D.C., NYC, Chicago).

Lawyers split hairs over stupid things.

e.g. Virginia offers reciprocity to other states with similar laws. Florida is excluded from this list because they provide Concealed Carry Weapon permits, while Virginia provides Concealed Carry Handgun permits. The Attorney General told me that the sticking point was that Florida does not restrict citizens to handguns as concealed weapons.

I'm sure there are a lot of persons with permits carrying rifles, shotguns, and grenade launchers legally in Florida.

Also, in Virginia, you can have a license to carry a loaded firearm concealed but will be arrested for a concealed weapons violation if carrying a knife with a blade longer than 4" (even with a CCH permit).

Now where is the logic in that?

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Amendment II

YESSSS!!!!! I hit the motherload with you guys:lol: Once again, the liberal left wing mantra raises it ugly head. How arrogant to say, "it simply has no bearing today" Hello we are at war. We have been attacked by a foreign enemy in the resent past and they are threatening to do it again if they get the chance.

However, defense is not only from a foreign enemies nor does it solely have to be the defense from humans. I hunt, I fish, I often find my self miles away from civilizataion on a bicycle where I am not the strongest life form.

I never said it was a good idea for civilians to own assault rifles but it isn't a bad idea if they want them.

The only difference from assault and non assault weapons is the color and SOMTIMES the amount of ammo in a clip. The bullets are not any more powerful then any other weapon, and with the exception of california all other states allow hi-cap magazines. The reason why most of the current banned weapons were banned was because of the way the looked. Like I said before most crime is commited by cheap non assault type weapons. Thugs cant afford them.

To add, it is amazing that you would even bring up WMD's since ALL our sorry asses are being protected by them. As Americans we are all gulity of a double standard, it OK for us to have them but not every one else. How selfish can you be? The arrogance is appalling.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

You're absolutely right. He probably has an entire arsenal of more appropriate weapons to choose from when he shoots his wife or robs the Quickie Mart.

:lol: here we go. You dont get it and probaly never will. I suppose you feel the world would be safer without any firearms even though our saftey depends on it.

Well I tell you what, if someone were to violently kill me I would rather be shot then hacked to death., but then perhaps we should ban knifes to.

If knifes were banned I would still rather be hacked to death rather the be strangled, well then perhaps we should ban rope.

But if we ban rope then I would still rather be hanged then have my brother blugend me with a jaw bone.

The problem isn't with gunsor ant weapon, for that matter. It is with people. Ban selfish arrogant behavior. Then we will get somewhere.

Rant over.

The Govenator could have vetoed it.

A liberal in GOP clothing. I like a moderate centerist like Arnie.

Hey Vimy, vetoed what? The 50 Cal.? Arnie owns 2. He most likely keeps them in the WY house.That Bastard :lol: .

Now back to our regular programming .... KEYS :lol: :lol:

SOA could just tell you to get your ass back to the house were the 2 spare keys are that they gave you when you bought the car. You would need to loose 2 keys to be in trouble here.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My best bud qualified very high in marksmanship in the army. Amongst the highest in the sevice. He is good and still serves. He'll be the first to admit I was the better shot between us. We used to shoot a lot. Hand guns, long guns and shot guns. His mother was really good. My departed father in law was a superb shot and he liked my ability. Aparently any idiot can shoot a gun, eh? I have a another friend who is uncanny. Way better than me.

Ever hear about that Canadian sniper who whacked a Taliban at the longest distance ever reported? 2430 meters. :eek: All that counter sniper duty in Serbia pays off. No. I don't know him.

Don't shit me about guns.

"A well regulated militia..." FTW.

The city I live in has a city ordnance banning nuclear weapons. It's a $500 fine. I'm totally serious, not kidding here. They did try to stop the DOE from going through the city, but the local PD were outgunned. You don't mess around with DOE guys. They make spec ops guys look like kids playing soldier.

When the Hells Angels came to party in Cody, so did the Feds:

http://stg.home.bresnan.net/DSC_1998_filtered.jpg

I'm sorry that us Democrats don't do such brilliant things like mislead us into war, run up record amounts of debt and question the patriotism of those who don't agree with us. Oh yeah, and lose control of both houses in two weeks :icon_wink

The idiot Democrats actually did something right, well sort of, for once in California. Most of the laws they write up are just stupid feel good laws that don't do anything. Effective Jan 1, 2008, manufacturers must provide a way for registered car owners to obtain a replacement key 24/7/365. Companies like BMW and Merc have till 2013 to comply, but in the mean time must supply keys within 24 hours of request.

So this raises an interesting problem. How is Subaru going to supply keys when all of them are coded and programmed into the car?:icon_conf

The reason why I said sort of, is because there's the possibility that manufacturers will just stop using coded keys on cars destined for California. Good for theives, bad for consumers.

I'm sorry that us Democrats don't do such brilliant things like mislead us into war, run up record amounts of debt and question the patriotism of those who don't agree with us. Oh yeah, and lose control of both houses in two weeks :icon_wink

Do yourself a favor and stay in California, Weenie. If you go anyplace else, you'll be forced to take care of yourself and make your own decisions. Right now, you have Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstien and Nancy Pelosi doing that for you.

P.S.: Have you sent your contribution to Air America yet? They need to pay their bankruptcy lawyers!:lol::lol::lol:

Well, thank the Lord that such upstanding citizens as David Koresh, Warren Jeffs and John Allen Muhammed never used their assault weapons to rob the local quicky mart or shoot their wives. :icon_wink

I am sorry but i have to raise the B*ll Sh*t flag here. Anyone who is going to spend 7700.00 (without the nessary 1200.00 scope) for a 5 ft long 37 pound rifle, is not going to rob the local quicky mart or shoot his wife.

Well, thank the Lord that such upstanding citizens as David Koresh, Warren Jeffs and John Allen Muhammed never used their assault weapons to rob the local quicky mart or shoot their wives. :icon_wink

Since your state government has made assault rifles illegal in California, all crime has ended, right?

STAY IN CALIFORNIA, YOU'RE PERFECTLY SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HAS OUTLAWED ASSAULT RIFLES AND WON"T LET YOU CARRY A GUN.

ALL IS WELL!:lol::lol:

I feel safer carrying this in the car:

http://stg.home.bresnan.net/Wyoming-Travel-Kit.jpg

Yeah the idiot democrats created the TSA and the p.a.t.r.i.o.t. act. They also eat republican babies for their health, stems cells, you know.

That's why I'm feeling so sluggish today! I didn't have my republican baby for breakfast. Damn!

Tell me, what decisions are Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstien (spelling?)and Nancy Pelosi making for me? If anything, you're incapable of having an opinion on anything without it being spoon-fed to you by George Bush and Ann Coulter.

Do yourself a favor and stay in California, Weenie. If you go anyplace else, you'll be forced to take care of yourself and make your own decisions. Right now, you have Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstien and Nancy Pelosi doing that for you.

P.S.: Have you sent your contribution to Air America yet? They need to pay their bankruptcy lawyers!:lol::lol::lol:

Apparently, you and literacy don't get along too well. Keep on with the strawman argument, at least you'll have something at your intellectual level to debate with, and you can tell all your buddies that "I'm a tuf whyoming guy since I skeeered this layberall at a subary furum by posting a pic of a gun!"

Oh, and you can kiss the 13 Black Talons in my Glock 23. To most conservatives, it's beyond their logic that one can be for reasonable gun laws and own a gun.

Since your state government has made assault rifles illegal in California, all crime has ended, right?

STAY IN CALIFORNIA, YOU'RE PERFECTLY SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HAS OUTLAWED ASSAULT RIFLES AND WON"T LET YOU CARRY A GUN.

ALL IS WELL!:lol::lol:

I feel safer carrying this in the car:

http://stg.home.bresnan.net/Wyoming-Travel-Kit.jpg

Apparently, you and literacy don't get along too well. Keep on with the strawman argument, at least you'll have something at your intellectual level to debate with, and you can tell all your buddies that "I'm a tuf whyoming guy since I skeeered this layberall at a subary furum by posting a pic of a gun!"

Oh, and you can kiss the 13 Black Talons in my Glock 23. To most conservatives, it's beyond their logic that one can be for reasonable gun laws and own a gun.

My my literacy was good enough to get two degrees from Loyola Marymount University.

Too bad you can buy any more Black Talons. Winchester changed the name because California politicians got "skeered".

Too bad you can't buy any more 13 round magazines. Too bad you can't carry your gun with you or in your car unless it's unloaded.

The fact is, you can't carry your Glock 23 loaded and/or concealed in California. I guess you think that's reasonable.

You can always throw your Glock at the bad guy or ask him to wait while you call 911 on your cell phone and get the CHP - on hold - while a recording asks you to press 8 if you speak Spanish.

Since you brought up literacy, perhaps you can tell me what this means:

"Keep on with the strawman argument, at least you'll have something at your intellectual level to debate with...."

Brilliant!:lol:

By the way, is your Pro Drive equipped Legacy 100% California emmissions legal? If not, don't you think CARB's regulations are reasonable?

Archived