LegacyGT.com

LGT Reliability

I'm only collecting data on the 2005. With data on 26 cars, I'm seeing an average of 0.5 trips to the shop per year, which is good for a first-year model. I'd expect the 2006 and 2007 to be better.

I am not collecting data on the 2006 because not enough are signed up. Need four more to start.

More 2005s would also be helpful, and I'd like to start on the 2007 as soon as possible--need 12 more of those to start.

http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php

37k on the clock here, bought new in August '05. The only issue its had was a plugged AC drain because I parked under a tree when I shouldn't have. Fixed under warranty. So far so good *knocks on wood*.

Cars should not flood because of trees. Come on! Subaru blew the design on this drain hose and how it is (not) protected from exterior crud. Don't blame yourself or the tree.

My LGT flooded because the hose became pinched, and I don't park under trees. The floor carpet for the entire passenger compartment was replaced under warranty. I don't want to think about how expensive that would be out of warranty.

--Lee

Aren't short trips really bad for a car. I feel bad for my leggy sometimes because she is only driven a few miles before being turned off. I hope my engine is healthy.

In the area where you live there are many great cures for this problem. Since I've only lived in places where the roads are generally straight and flat, I'm jealous.

Archived