LegacyGT.com

SI Dirve not so intelligent

djsauce

I'm just venting. My starbucks spilled on to the SI knob this morning. It was all perfectly aligned to come out of that little hole in the coffee lid and the rest is.....well wet (but a lot better now).

Anyone have experience taking that knob and the plastic trim beneath the knob off?

this is why i have no food or drink in my car under any circumstances while driving. as a tech i have see too often jelly or coffe or soda all over peoples interiors and i always swore to myself to never let that happen to my car. If i have food in my car it either get eaten before i start moving, or after i get to where im going.

I have had Starbucks coffee and it ALWAYS spills. The lids are just poorly designed. Dunkin' Donuts, although it doesn't taste nearly as good, uses quality lids on the coffee. You can drop the coffee from your desk and if the tab is closed, it will not spill.

My girlfriend (a product/package designer) has actually written to starbucks complaining about the lid since it has spilled in her car many times.

...Dunkin' Donuts, although it doesn't taste nearly as good...

You've got to be kidding! Dunkin's Coffee is superior in every way to Starbucks! Starbucks has brainwashed America into thinking that burnt coffee is strong coffee, and that we need to pay big $$s for it. They overroast their beans instead of using more coffee in the filter to save a few cents per pot. Dunkin's coffee - which is plenty strong for me, but not burnt - also contains more caffeine, which could be a + or - depending on your sleeping habits.

Sorry, just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't touch regular DD brew crap, but their Lattes are definately superior to overburnt Starbucks, I agree.

I love Dunkin now, it's truly a new American revolution - now decent coffe is readily available in the US on road trips!

Truth is, I'll take a good Italian coffee (like Lavazza) over any other any day.

You Yanks know nothing about coffee...

That's the fallacy. It can work, because once you know someone may approach you at 130 mph you won't be frigging fumbling with crap and stuff. One of the reasons for distractions are underposted speed limits.

But we are :offtopic: again.

Archived