LegacyGT.com

WTF were Subaru thinking: wagon rear wiper

Scotty

Went to get a replacement rear wiper. WTF, only one company I found makes a rear wiper insert beside Subaru. WTF were they thinking when they decided to put in a 14" wiper. 15" = common. 14" = not common. Ordered a 14" PIAA along with inserts for the front. Then I realized FRACK. The locking tabs don't work with the rear wipers. Out came the Dremel tool to remove the tabs. PITA.

2005. Mechanical engineer, was working in the broadcast electronics industry which is situated in the middle of nowhere. Didn't want to move there because it was out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. Most people that live in the area are old, not good for your social life. So I drove 150 miles per day, round trip. I would have been driving just as much if I lived there just to get out of there on the weekends. I changed jobs and my current commute is 80 miles, but time wise is almost the same since I now get to sit in traffic on the evening commute.

Just change the insert, I've done mine a couple of times now already.

+1 or just get one from the stealership. They don't cost but maybe $5 more

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

There is no such thing as 1y/12k warranty on our cars for any parts. Anything that's warranted it's at least 3y/36k.

The only grey area is wheel alignment, which they do for free only on low mileage cars. This is I guess understandable, as the alignement can be fubared by hitting a pothole or something.

2005. Mechanical engineer, was working in the broadcast electronics industry which is situated in the middle of nowhere. Didn't want to move there because it was out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. Most people that live in the area are old, not good for your social life. So I drove 150 miles per day, round trip. I would have been driving just as much if I lived there just to get out of there on the weekends. I changed jobs and my current commute is 80 miles, but time wise is almost the same since I now get to sit in traffic on the evening commute.

You spend that much time in a car, you need a nicer car. Not dissing your particular car, just the Legacy in general. It's nice, but I don't want to live in mine.

It is still ugly.

Hey, where did the picture of the LGT above get there wiper blade for for the rear window? The rear window is horrible to look out of when it's wet. Especially when the water is just sitting there and not flowing off when the car is driven.

I want one of these for my LGT. How can i get one?

Ok, I can get through the hole issue but where do i obtain the parts? Can i use the parts from a Legacy Wagon or Outback? I'm currently talking to a guy in New Zealand that sells the cars with wipers already installed and checking what parts i would need. But if i could get the parts in the States that would be even better.

He's asking for a Chassis Number. I know that might be a different forum but what the heck is that and where do i find it?

Ok, I can get through the hole issue but where do i obtain the parts? Can i use the parts from a Legacy Wagon or Outback? I'm currently talking to a guy in New Zealand that sells the cars with wipers already installed and checking what parts i would need. But if i could get the parts in the States that would be even better.

He's asking for a Chassis Number. I know that might be a different forum but what the heck is that and where do i find it?

You can use the wagon wiper and motor, but you'll need an extra pump, there is a place for it on the washer bottle, and then swap out the wiper stalk to include the controls. Wiring is pretty simple.

heh, i think they're kidding about the hole thing... youd probably mess up your heating element or something whle you're at it. and if the rear window is tempered glass, it'll shatter into a thousand pieces once you nick it bad enough.

best thing to do is get some rainX or aquapel, apply them on thick, then submit your car to lots of lateral Gs ^_^

officer: so can you explain why you took off from that light like a bat out of hell?

me: sorry officer, i had to get the water off my rear window. we dont have wipers...

YMMV

Thats a great way to get the water off the window but with traffic the way it is there isn't much time to play with the G's. I've already got Rain-X on all my windows and it works great on the front window and not too good on the rear. Oh well, maybe the shattered glass idea will change my mind. I didn't think about the tempered glass issue.

Archived