LegacyGT.com

Opinion on uppipe downpipe and headers

Orbit

I don't intend to hijack the thread but after searching other UP/DP threads in addition to this one, I have one question I was looking for a yes/no answer on:

There is a cat in the UP which could fail (and destroy the turbo), so the replacement of the UP (with any reputable aftermarket catless UP), is generally recommended?

Thanks....

Now back the program...

go ahead and buy a $1500 header and let us know how it goes :icon_mrgr

Well, the OP said if money were no object, that's why I said Zero Sports. I wouldn't buy their header, but I wouldn't buy Megan either. It'd get something reputable, but not crazy expensive. I have used Zero Sports products in the past, I even have a few on order now for my car. The quality and fitment are second to none.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Well, the OP said if money were no object, that's why I said Zero Sports. I wouldn't buy their header, but I wouldn't buy Megan either. It'd get something reputable, but not crazy expensive. I have used Zero Sports products in the past, I even have a few on order now for my car. The quality and fitment are second to none.

true... i guess...to each their own

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I don't intend to hijack the thread but after searching other UP/DP threads in addition to this one, I have one question I was looking for a yes/no answer on:

There is a cat in the UP which could fail (and destroy the turbo), so the replacement of the UP (with any reputable aftermarket catless UP), is generally recommended?

Thanks....

Now back the program...

Yes

I am not aware of any LGT UP cats breaking. I have read about a couple of WRX UP's doing that. I think if you are going to leave a cat in, the UP cat is an option for the stock turbo. If I did it I would log my EGT's after every mod and make sure things are not getting hotter. That would give me piece of mind.
My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I wonder how many people are running the stock uppipe still. I know there are a few, maybe more out there.

Is it my imagination or have i only heard of one case with a lgt where the cat in the up crumbled, destroying the turbo?

Archived