LegacyGT.com

3.0R Outback Sedan Vs 2.5 Gt?

I've been trying to do some research on it, but it seems there aren't many threads that do a direct comparism, aside from that its ridiculous high in height with its suspension system.

How good is the engine? Does it have turbo capabilities?

Can you make it look like a 2.5i Legacy?

It's not a contest, is it? I mean, what do you want? Do you want a car or are you more of a truck guy? Do you care about driving or do you not mind having to slow down a lot for corners. The only difference between these cars is the outback is jacked up a couple inches, has a softer ride, much taller tires, and handles like crap by comparison. Oh yea it has smaller brakes too but most people complain about the GT brakes anyway.

Otherwise, they are the same car. No contest, and shouldn't require much if any consideration. Just figure out what you want and buy that car. The difference between the 3.0 and 2.5T engines are somewhat significant, but nowhere close to the handling differences.

Good luck

At 3% hp loss per 1,000 ft. altitude, the difference between a normally aspirated 3.0 liter and a turbo 2.5 could very well be significant. The turbo engine will compensate for much of the loss due to atmospheric density. The N/A engine just loses power.

My stock GT handles the weather and roads around Yellowstone and Northwest Wyoming just fine. I use my F250 diesel for off-roading. If your driving includes gravel and graded dirt roads, the GT is fine. The Outback will traverse slightly rougher roads, but it's not a 4X4 truck with a two speed transfer case.

I debatted between the 2 for about 2 months before I ordered by GT. I wanted 250HP so it was between the gt and the h6. I liked both and both had the get up and go I needed for my style and area I drive. I ended up with the GT because of the interior color choices. I personally don't care much for the tope, so I got the GT. Also, it put a bigger smile on my face when I drove it :D.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I've been trying to do some research on it, but it seems there aren't many threads that do a direct comparism, aside from that its ridiculous high in height with its suspension system.

I think the OB sedans are sweet, the engines dont have alot of off the line power but from 30mph to 80mph there a beast, but I do feel the ride height is high, but some lowering springs will do the trick. With turbo capabilities you can add a turbo but really wont have much improvement, I mean the 3.0's have 250 hp, same as the LGT turbos.

At 3% hp loss per 1,000 ft. altitude, the difference between a normally aspirated 3.0 liter and a turbo 2.5 could very well be significant. The turbo engine will compensate for much of the loss due to atmospheric density. The N/A engine just loses power.

My stock GT handles the weather and roads around Yellowstone and Northwest Wyoming just fine. I use my F250 diesel for off-roading. If your driving includes gravel and graded dirt roads, the GT is fine. The Outback will traverse slightly rougher roads, but it's not a 4X4 truck with a two speed transfer case.

I have an N/A and go to the mountains almost every weekend and I can keep up with big V8 trucks, I just haft to keep the speed, or I lose power like you said, just dont have the pickup but can take turns at higher speeds than SUV's or trucks

I have an N/A and go to the mountains almost every weekend and I can keep up with big V8 trucks, I just haft to keep the speed, or I lose power like you said, just dont have the pickup but can take turns at higher speeds than SUV's or trucks

Those trucks are sucking the same thin air. Unless they have turbos (not superchargers), their loss is proportional to yours. That's why I bought a (turbo'd Powerstroke).

http://stg.home.bresnan.net/PIKES-DSCN0085.jpg

The engine is superb but has about 15% whp less than the turbos. The torque curve is nearly flat and has good torque from 1,400 rpm up.

Ignoring the ride height, replacing the OEM tires with better aftermarket rubber (like the Goodyear F1 GS D3's I got) totally transforms the car and handling limits are very high. see http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45117

for video clips.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived