LegacyGT.com

Police interceptor

Light sig. is something we all shoud be aware of.

Back in 1990, I had a Dodge Shelby Z. I had major mods to the head, bigger turbo, mopar performance engine controller, la de da and so on. I got a ticket by a state cop who was following me a mile or so back. I knew he was back there so I merged in between two tractor trailers hoping he would blast by and not see me. OWNED.

So here's what I did. The taillights had three bulbs for each side. I ran a a huge harness back there so I could change the way my car looked from behind. I could switch from three to one bulb, or to two bulbs, etc. It too some serious wiring, but is was cool. Unfortunately, I never got to test them. Got the idea from an editorial column in Car&Driver magazine. It was slick.

Oh, ok. (duh, sorry)

I figuired next time I was running from one, I could duck into traffic and change the rear light sig so they would drive right by me and not recognize the lights. It was in an editorial in C&D mag back then.

• 3 weeks later...
Have yo sat in the back of the Legacy? I wouldn't want to be in the back...

:confused::confused:

Legacy has nice amount of leg room in rear. More than previous gen. Passat.

The FHP has a few but will be replacing the entire fleet of crown Vics with the over the next 4 years.

Here is a scary thing though....most will not have the lightbar setup. Lights will be in the windshield,rear window,turn signals,grill,backup lights

There just getting to damn stealthy:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

The FHP has a few but will be replacing the entire fleet of crown Vics with the over the next 4 years.

Here is a scary thing though....most will not have the lightbar setup. Lights will be in the windshield,rear window,turn signals,grill,backup lights

There just getting to damn stealthy:(

Arms race continues.

Have wagon :lol:, V1, Blinder, getting CB radio. What next?

Top secret cloaking paint;)

I'd be even content with a paint that changes color. You run away, flip a switch, and viola, yellow, not blue anymore. :wub:

Archived