LegacyGT.com

Help! Installed amp/sub, now no sound!

canis

I dunno what went wrong. The remote-on works (turn key, amp LED comes on). I hooked up the LOC correctly (R+ to R+, R- to R-, L+ to L+, etc.). I turn on the radio, and can tune in stations or place CDs, but no sound comes from any of the speakers! Doh! Only the sub is tied to the amp. I didn't amp the speakers. The LOC is connected by those little crimp on thingys. Maybe some of those are making bad connections?

Okay - totally confused. I did a little experimenting, and it appears to work when I hook up only the positive door speaker wires to the LOC. If I hook up all four (2+, 2-) it doesn't work. WTF? Edit: I called a few stores, and finally talked to a guy who said the Subaru's have a "common ground system," so I only need to hook up the positives. Does that make any sense?

Don't know about the common ground, but regardless, it should have worked if you had the proper (-) connections hooked up (common ground or not, if they are the designated negative leads they are the right ones). You definitely need to hook up the (-) leads from the speaker lines otherwise you are asking for wicked nasty ground loop problems. I am guessing that you possibly identified the wrong wires for the (-) leads. Are you sure you had the correct ones?? Where did you pick off the leads?? If you connected at the back of the radio, make sure it jives with this: [url]http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/modifications/misc/wiring/radiowrx.html[/url] Good luck! Craig

Archived