LegacyGT.com

Ford Edge - finally a winner for the blue oval?

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/allnew/

looks like a 'less swoopy' (if that's a term?) Infinity FX/Murano. Its got 265 HP, decent gas mileage priced ~25K they may actually have a winner?

I hope so...I hate to see our big 3 in the shape they are in. Its time for them to buck this trend.

Going to buy my wife a miniSUV or crossover after the first of the year...may have to check it out.

There they go again changing names. Some people have grown quite fond of the Escape, so why couldnt this have been called "The ALL-NEW Escape" :)

There will still be an Escape. The new one isn't out yet. I saw the Edge on the road last week. It looks really nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/allnew/

looks like a 'less swoopy' (if that's a term?) Infinity FX/Murano. Its got 265 HP, decent gas mileage priced ~25K they may actually have a winner?

I hope so...I hate to see our big 3 in the shape they are in. Its time for them to buck this trend.

Going to buy my wife a miniSUV or crossover after the first of the year...may have to check it out.

Interesting note. Ford is concidering it an SUV because it start with an E name Explorer, Escape, Edge, Expidition, etc etc

Wheras the freestyle is concidered a crossover and thus the F name :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

not bad, has some potential,is it meant to replace the escape as a small suv that doesn't suck?

I think the idea of the Escape is to be a small SUV that is fuel efficient. I find it intersting how many celebrities drive Hybrid Escapes when they could be drive an RX400h. Oh well.

im gona have to give this car a big "NO"

I have an anti-ford bias (not that any of the american manufacturers are coming out with killer app's), but at least gm is starting to use the holden connection which, I think will turn out to be some nice cars...well built, good engines (proposed), rwd FTW!

Ok, regardless of the Edge being a media darling and the huge endorsment deal with U2's The Edge I'm sure will follow ... what do you think will prevent Ford from having a hit vehicle for once?

The Focus should have been a hit, but 9 recalls in the first model year kind of killed that thought. I'm going to go with unimaginable quality control problems as the reason the Edge will fail.

^yeah I saw one of those on the lawn of the Dodge dealership the other day...the TV ads are freaking hilarious I have seen them a few times during the World Series.

This new crop of SUV meets sedan meets minivan is developing some good looking cars. I wonder if the next incarnation of the Forester or Tribeca will be more like these...I guess they really are already more like these than an SUV

Archived