LegacyGT.com

My New Spec B!

After almost 2 months since I placed the order I finally got to drive my shiny new Spec B home today! It's going to be tough containing myself during the break in period, but I already know I'm going to enjoy this ride soooo much!!

I really like the dark grey - it gives the car a really sophisticated, understated look and the interior black leather/blue alacantra complements it perfectly.

It is too soon for me to comment too much on the performance/handling, but my initial impressions are that the car is going to be an incredible, fun driving experience.

I'm located in the SF Bay area and for those in the area I know there have been a lot of negative posts regarding Steven's Creek Subaru - but I have to say my experience purchasing this car was fantastic - couldn't have been better. I got a great price and the internet sales manager I worked with was excellent to work with.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually traded "up" from a lexus ES 300 for my Spec B. Believe me, I am really looking forward to driving - so far I only have 50 miles on it, just 950 to go until I'm broken in!

My wife drives a 2004 forester, so we are now a dual Subaru household. I would drive the Forrester at every opportunity - so much more fun than the stodgy Lexus. I couldn't be happier I now have my own subbie in the garage.

schweeeet!!! I really am jealous of those memory seats in particular - not much else. Congrats and welcome!!!

:icon_mrgr

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

After almost 2 months since I placed the order I finally got to drive my shiny new Spec B home today! It's going to be tough containing myself during the break in period, but I already know I'm going to enjoy this ride soooo much!!

I really like the dark grey - it gives the car a really sophisticated, understated look and the interior black leather/blue alacantra complements it perfectly.

It is too soon for me to comment too much on the performance/handling, but my initial impressions are that the car is going to be an incredible, fun driving experience.

I'm located in the SF Bay area and for those in the area I know there have been a lot of negative posts regarding Steven's Creek Subaru - but I have to say my experience purchasing this car was fantastic - couldn't have been better. I got a great price and the internet sales manager I worked with was excellent to work with.

Congrats, where did you get yours? I just picked up mine from Ron Price Subaru in SSF, even tho i live in oakland. Luckily at the time i placed my deposit the dealership had already ordered a Spec B with no buyer yet so i only had to wait 10 days for mine :)

Congrats on your buy.

Ed

I just got mine last Friday. It came in 3 weeks after ordering! Which was good and bad because I still haven't sold my SVX yet.

It's such a sweet car. I've been treating it nice. I have taken it to 5,000 rpms a few times, but that was necessary as I was passing someone. :lol:

The SI-Drive in "I" mode makes the car a little hard to start from certain stops. I've found "S" and "S#" allow smoother starting.

congrats to you. so you were the lucky fellow that bought the new 07 specB. i'm at the dealership right now waiting for them to finish my tranny and diff. fluid flush n fill. and i asked them about their spec B when they told me that i lucked out cuz some guy just picked it up a few days back.

again congrats on the purchase and hope to spot you around the neighborhood.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Thanks guys, I'll post pics in a few days. BTW I was reading some posts that were complaining about the nav, I don't have a whole lot of past experience with nav systems, but I don't know why anyone would have problems with this system. The POI database has some ommissions I've noticed so far but other than that I haven't noticed any problems with it. at all. What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys, I'll post pics in a few days. BTW I was reading some posts that were complaining about the nav, I don't have a whole lot of past experience with nav systems, but I don't know why anyone would have problems with this system. The POI database has some ommissions I've noticed so far but other than that I haven't noticed any problems with it. at all. What are your thoughts?

Like you, I didn't really have any experience with GPS systems before the Spec. B. The NAV works great, IMO.

Archived