IwannaSportSedan

Badging options  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Badging options

• Leave it clean, man!
    • Legacy --- Turbo
    • Legacy GT --- 2.5 Turbo
    • Legacy B4 --- STI Turbo

I am debating on wheter to re-badge my GRP Legacy GT.

No one knows what it is, and I want to show a little Subaru Legacy pride... and I had an idea.

I like this lettering, and it goes well with the OE Legacy text. (Rocco gets credit for the Legacy picture... I'll take it down if there is any problem with re-posting it here, as an example of the Legacy badge.)

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/new_york/112_06nyas_04z+2007_saturn_sky_redline+photos_rear_view.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/tuned20v/halifaxtrip026.jpg

Here are a couple of my options.

First (option zero, as it were...) being to leave it de-badged, of course.

Option one:

Legacy on left side, and Turbo on right side

Option two:

Legacy and GT on left side, 2.5 and Turbo on right side

Option three:

Legacy and B4 on left side, Turbo and STI on right side.

Or any other permutation...

Let me know what you think

I've been thinking of re-badging, as well. If I do, I'd just go with the 'Subaru' on the left and the 'Legacy' on the right - I think that would still look clean; nicely balanced.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I get why you might want to keep parts of the OE badging on, but why would you want to take the turbo badge from another car and put it on?

:confused:

Weeeell, because the font matches well enough for no one to notice a difference, and my particular Legacy has a nice turbo under the hood. :D

Legacy and Turbo both are sans-serif, non-italic, block letters, with wide width and radiused face. Not to mention no common letters to directly betray any slight mis-match. They may have even been designed and produced by the same supplier, who knows... They may be different size, but so are "Legacy", "Subaru", "2.5", and "GT", all OE on these cars.

If badging a car as having a turbo is good for a porsche to do, why not a kick-azz Subaru?

If I were to delete the subaru oval, and just put "Turbo" at the top, without anything else, I would probably go with dark-colored "Turbo" script from porsche. With the options above, I would go with the Subaru and Saturn block letters on either side of the license plate, and keep the oval.

I know the scoop says "look at me, I am turbocharged" from the front. But no one sees my car from the front unless they are going the opposite direction! at least not for long. :D Something for the people behind me to read for the short time that they can see me... :lol: j/k.

Besides, on a serious note... if the po-po have my car pulled off on the shoulder of the road, my plate/registration will tell them all they want to know about my car, anyway. Badges on the back may or may not even be noticed.

I still haven't made up my mind. I probably won't do any re-badging until I am sure what I want, and have some extra cash on hand... but I am interested to hear other opinions.

Including Law Enforcement.....

Well, If I flew by Law Enforcement I deserve to get caught.

In a certain way, I actually think de-badging draws attention to you. It means you have actually thought about moding the appearance of your car. As a result, it means you probably modded other performance aspects and deserve to get a ticket:lol:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Archived