LegacyGT.com

Tampa area

ShockerGT

Powdercoating does not add much weight at all if any, the wheels will first be blasted to remove all the previous coatings (paint, clear coat, etc.) and then the powder (fine plastic particles) is sprayed on the the electrically charged metal which it clings to, then the wheels are baked to melt the plastic powder into a hard shell coating.

Depending on the powder you can get all kinds of finishes; glossy, satin, etc.

Benefits are they don't fade or chip and are very resistent to scratches.

I had a set of wheels powdercoated a few years ago and was very pleased with the results.

Procoat Performance Coatings

5301 W Crenshaw St

Tampa, FL 33634

(813) 882-8091

http://www.procoatpc.com/

To have 4 wheels beadblasted and powdercoated was around $350 IIRC

Thanks. I got off the phone with them. Looks like for gunmetal its going to run $140 a wheel and a 2 week wait.

Another place that the Brisco Brothers recommended is going to be $150 a wheel powdercoating and 3-5 day wait.

With those prices, I'd rather sell my wheels with one being curbed and buy a different set.

Selling? How much?

We'll see when these tires go out. If you're seriously interested in my gold reeemz, you can check them out at Subie Challenge and we'll go from there.

Be warned thoug. One rear wheel has 2 curb rash marks, one light and unnoticeable unless you're look for it, but now that I was an idiot and curbed it pretty good on Monday going to class, both are now noticeable. One of my fronts also has paint chipped in the lug area because my tire shop is full of idiots and dont know how to remove lugs properly.

Archived