LegacyGT.com

Lovin' the car!

So I've had the car 4 days now and I've been tearing all around town in Sport Mode and manual shift. Really giving the car a good workout and I've averaged 20.9 MPG! :icon_bigg That's great for a heavy AWD. I need to do a long run on the interstate and see how that is.

I've had 2 people look at it and ask what it was. Don't see alot of Subies in my part of Florida outside of the odd WRX that the high school kids drive.

Lots of compliments on both the exterior and interior.

Haven't found anything not to like about the car. I think I'd like to put some 17" rims on it though.

guess he wouldnt drive the car aggrasively if it wasnt properly broke in =)

Yep, I wouldn't do that to a new car. Of course, I don't buy new cars because I refuse to accept that kind of depreciation on my hard earned money. :icon_wink

Guest subiecity
So I've had the car 4 days now and I've been tearing all around town in Sport Mode and manual shift. Really giving the car a good workout and I've averaged 20.9 MPG! :icon_bigg That's great for a heavy AWD. I need to do a long run on the interstate and see how that is.

I've had 2 people look at it and ask what it was. Don't see alot of Subies in my part of Florida outside of the odd WRX that the high school kids drive.

Lots of compliments on both the exterior and interior.

Haven't found anything not to like about the car. I think I'd like to put some 17" rims on it though.

i had stock 17's on my subaru....i upgraded to 18's...and still they look small i shoulda went 19's but if u want somthing nice go 18 or 19... 17 is wayyy 2 small, trust me

Not everyone is rich...

Really??? how do they live? just playin'

i would recommend the 18's. they're not completely out of reach. you can get rota's or ASA's in 18s for a reasonalble price. (easy on the rota flaming) just depends on the quality of wheels you want to buy.

IMO, 19s are too big. if you want to keep the OD tire diameter near stock, the 19s don't leave too much sidewall between the ground and the rims. i would recommend getting 18s an some lowering springs. the drop would make the wheels look like they fill up more of the well.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait on the rims. I'm moving back to the NorthWest this winter and will be towing the car on a Penske auto carrier behind the moving truck. Their website shows you cannot tow with anything over a 17" wheel (I guess the straps won't fit?)

So I'll wait till I move, just a couple months.

Guest subiecity
Really??? how do they live? just playin'

i would recommend the 18's. they're not completely out of reach. you can get rota's or ASA's in 18s for a reasonalble price. (easy on the rota flaming) just depends on the quality of wheels you want to buy.

IMO, 19s are too big. if you want to keep the OD tire diameter near stock, the 19s don't leave too much sidewall between the ground and the rims. i would recommend getting 18s an some lowering springs. the drop would make the wheels look like they fill up more of the well.

thats what i did, HnR springs with 18's fit very nicely but like i said b4 19's would look crazy , but im quite happy...n alot safer wit 18's,

Welcome.....:):)

Seen you posting, to bad your moving away though:(

If you do not have any plans for next weekend come up to the Subaru Challenge in Gainesville.

Thanks for the invite. I would but I'm flying up to Virginia then for 3 days.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your highway mileage

I drove 165 miles round trip today, about 130 miles of that was pure interstate, mostly traffic free. Trip down set cruise at 77MPH and on the way back no cruise averaging ~80MPH with spurts up to 90MPH.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4403/dscn0202mq1.jpg

Perfectly happy with that.

subiecity, since you are so hardcore at modding the NA engine, have u come up with anything related (Such as Accessport) on changing the Fuel/Air ratio, to make it even better on gas?

Comming from a Honda, this gas mileage is like a nightmare. Well, actually not too bad if you know how to drive it lightly, but one person in my household always pull up the AVG mileage, makes me aggrivated =(

Guest subiecity
subiecity, since you are so hardcore at modding the NA engine, have u come up with anything related (Such as Accessport) on changing the Fuel/Air ratio, to make it even better on gas?

Comming from a Honda, this gas mileage is like a nightmare. Well, actually not too bad if you know how to drive it lightly, but one person in my household always pull up the AVG mileage, makes me aggrivated =(

ha join the club i went from a honda to a subie....but im ussed to it i had a N/A honda as well full exuast full intake intake manifold...the works i got such bad gas milage cuz im such a hard driver if u wanna save gas milage my best bet would be to leave it completely stock..natrually the lighter the car the better and less fuel u consume so if u have a trunk full of shit....clean it out besides that u see things on telivision like the tornadoe and magnatizing fuel rails and all that bullshit....its all garbage theres no way to get better gas milage unless u go back to a honda especially with an AWD car forget it

Archived