LegacyGT.com

Lovin' the car!

I drove 165 miles round trip today, about 130 miles of that was pure interstate, mostly traffic free. Trip down set cruise at 77MPH and on the way back no cruise averaging ~80MPH with spurts up to 90MPH.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4403/dscn0202mq1.jpg

Perfectly happy with that.

If you do the math, you might find that the computer display is about 2-3 mpg "optimistic". Nevertheless, that's about what I'm getting too and I'm also very pleased.

Yup...the computer is a lil bit too optimistic. When it shows 30.3..it is actually around 28 mpg.

On my 80-20 Hwy-City driving I usually average 29 (computer) which is 27 actual. And I try to practice fuel saving driving techniques such as no frequent acc-decc, no taking off from signal lights etc.

Kinda disappointing especially since my previous car was a 1.5 L Toyota which gave me 31 mpg pure city and 39 mpg in 80-20 Hwy-City driving !! I drove the toyota pretty aggresively (it was a MT).

Well no comparison between the 2 cars....but still 27 mpg is kinda low for a NA car. Fuel economy was the prime reason I choose 2.5i over a GT. Makes me wonder how much did I actually save in gas economy by going for a 2.5i instead of a turbo!!

Yup...the computer is a lil bit too optimistic. When it shows 30.3..it is actually around 28 mpg.

On my 80-20 Hwy-City driving I usually average 29 (computer) which is 27 actual. And I try to practice fuel saving driving techniques such as no frequent acc-decc, no taking off from signal lights etc.

Kinda disappointing especially since my previous car was a 1.5 L Toyota which gave me 31 mpg pure city and 39 mpg in 80-20 Hwy-City driving !! I drove the toyota pretty aggresively (it was a MT).

Well no comparison between the 2 cars....but still 27 mpg is kinda low for a NA car. Fuel economy was the prime reason I choose 2.5i over a GT. Makes me wonder how much did I actually save in gas economy by going for a 2.5i instead of a turbo!!

Lower insurance rate will probably offset your lower MPG :)

Just got my insurance bill and it's $560 semi-annually ($93 mo.) for full coverage. I'm happy about that too.

Archived