LegacyGT.com

Do I need an alignment after my act of stupidity?

SubieRU

Here is what happened. Last Saturday, after doing some shopping at a local mall, I came back to my baby, which was peacefully parked at an outside lot that has concrete stoppers in each parking space. Being in a hurry, I totally forgot that the stopper was in front of the car's wheels, started the car, put it in the first gear, pushed on the gas pedal and . . . in less than a second jumped over the stopper with a loud "bang" sound. The front wheels got trapped between two concrete stoppers and my attempt to back out in reverse failed. I called Subaru road assistance and in about 30 minutes, my subie was gently pulled out of the trap.

The stopper was pretty low, so when the car's front wheels jumped over it, it didn't hit anything on the car. However, the stress on the wheels and suspension might have been pretty significant. My suspension setup is pretty stiff (JDM Spec B Bilsteins, cusco underbrace and swaybar, Perrin PSRS). There are no visible signs that something went wrong -- no noises coming from the front end and no obvious pull to the right or left. The alignment was done on the car 1 week ago, when I got a new set of tires.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Take the entire suspension apart, put it back together, and don't get an alignment. Proceed to drive your car very very aggresively over large objects, bad roads, and dare i say...small rodents in the road....

Or just get your alignment checked out.

Take the entire suspension apart, put it back together, and don't get an alignment. Proceed to drive your car very very aggresively over large objects, bad roads, and dare i say...small rodents in the road....

oh why only small rodents, the big ones make cooler sounds when they are hit:lol:

I personally like deer, elk and moose for vehicular targets. The occasional bison or black bear works too for those of you exotic or dangerous road kill types. I'm more of a big game hunter if you will and as an added bonus they're easier to hit.

P.S. SubieRU go get an alignment check because even if it doesn't need it at least you won't be worrying about whether or not it does. Peace of mind rates pretty high and is worth the trouble and money IMO.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Thanks guys. In fact, I got a set of brand spanking new Potenza Bridgestone re960 a/s pole position jsut 2 weeks ago. So far, I'm happy with these tires, but haven't had a chance to test them in the rain. The weather in the Northwest is typically dry.:lol:

Archived