LegacyGT.com

First impressions of my 2007 spec.B against my 2006 spec.B.

Yeah... the RWD and AWD differences will probably be obvious. Mostly I wonder if one type (viscous, Legacy GT) will be more or less pro-active than the other (torsen, Miata, 07 Spec B)... and if slip is required or noticeable before either LSD engages. Supposedly Torsen and other helical gear limited slip diffs don't require slip to occur in order to apply torque differently.

Oh, and you can rest assured that I am enjoying my car, Underdog. And you will enjoy yours too.

I was just saying... if anybody doesn't want their red leather... :D I don't have any pressing plans to go out and search for it that at the moment. I think I might do tail light tints as a first mod... Maybe black foglight pockets... So many options, so little money left over :lol: For now...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've owned both a Miata ('94) with a rear Torsen and an Audi with a center Torsen. In both applications I found the Torsen to be both seemless and quick to do what you wanted it to do.

In fact, the Miata with snow tires was actually quite good in slippery conditions. I'm sure the 50/50 weight distribution and rear Torsen helped a lot. Obviously if the snow got too deep it was game over.

As for the Audi, I never got a chance to drive it and the LGT back to back in snow but quattro seemed just a bit better than the LGT's awd. JMO.

Archived