LegacyGT.com

Poll: Fumoto Valve Install Issues?

Did you have issues when installing your Fumoto valve?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have issues when installing your Fumoto valve?

• Yes
    • No

No issues here. I think the problem was explained in [email=http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29685&highlight=fumoto+awesome]this[/email] http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29685&highlight=fumoto+awesome thread. Some Legacies at the factory simply had the hole for the oil drain plug drilled in too high (near the crossmember). Looks like only one or two owners on this board have had clearence issues so far with the Fumoto valve. Get it on, you won't be dissapointed when you have to change your oil in a hurry.

No issues here. I think the problem was explained in this http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29685&highlight=fumoto+awesome thread. Some Legacies at the factory simply had the hole for the oil drain plug drilled in too high (near the crossmember). Looks like only one or two owners on this board have had clearence issues so far with the Fumoto valve. Get it on, you won't be dissapointed when you have to change your oil in a hurry.

Oops, I forgot to keep up with that thread. I was looking for an easy way to quantify this anomaly anyways. Thanks!

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

count me among the unlucky. no worky for me, but it worked just fine on teh OBXT we put it on. Go figure.

This lowers the price by like $1k !!! :lol:

I recently purchased and installed the Aeroquip quick drain system. Seems to be a very high quality piece. I can't see how it would have any clearance issues...something to consider as a possible alternative for any folks who have had problems or are worried they might.

I installed the piece last week. I'll let you know in about 3 months or so when it comes time to change the oil again.

It seem like a very solid unit, the coupling has a very positive engagement and opens the internal valve when they are connected so I wouldn't see there being any problems with oil leaking much less squirting when connecting.

I voted yes but it was only a very minor interference with the cross member. A little extra torque on the Fumoto valve on the first revolution when screwing it into the oil pan as it barely scraped on the cross member, then it was far enough into the drain hole and no more problem. I think there were only a few unlucky people that had a real problem and couldn't use it.

In another thread, one member seems to like Aeroquip's solution, tho it's about 50-75% more expensive than Fumoto. It is also a bit more elegant, but who's into elegance with oil changing?

Ok, I would've been...if I hadn't happened on the reviews of Fumoto first.

Only problem i have having is, my fumoto vavle is slowly leaking. I can't get it to seal right. I took off the washer provided because it was leaking, and put on a subaru oil seal gasket. Doesn't leak as much, but stil leaks none, the less. I think im just gonna stick with the plug.

ive never lost a plug into the drain pan with the old oil... never understood

the reason behind this fumoto valve. i feel safer with the plug.

No safety issues on my end. I like not getting hot oil on my hands when the geyser that is our oil pan begin's to pour.

ignore him, he'll go away.

:lol: elephant taking a piss from his ass. :lol: hehehe.

i got oil on my hands from removing the filter, but not from the plug.

wish they would all put the filter sideways like on my G35C. i get no

oil on my hands on that car. cars with filter facing up, i always get

oil on my hands.

is there a trick? let it sit longer after loosening the filter?

^^^Any issues with oil squirting out while mating the two pieces together?

Yeah...that's when the oil is supposed to come out, when you mate the two pieces together. The trick it to have tubing on the female piece (the part not screwed into the pan) so the oil will flow right into the catch pan and not splash all over the undertray.

It is still ugly.

Archived