LegacyGT.com

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest subiecity
i only have the 2.5i black interior and exterior....18 inch rims, HnR springs, total tints, jdm lip jdm mesh grille, serius radio...knn drop in filter.......soon full custom intake and hopefully tooroow will be main crankshaft pulley, and reflashed computer.......and driving hondas all my life this car is a blast i could only imagine if i got the GT

Just where in/around Tokyo can you use more than 20% of your Legacy GT's power? You need to ship your car to Wyoming to find out what it can really do.

While I like my Legacy GT, I'm not about to sell my 2004 Mach1.

Realistically, the Subaru is a great car, but it is not as fun to drive as my Mach1. I bought my Mach1 new, added an C&L intake, SLP Loudmouth cat-back exhaust, custom dyno tune by Danny Swanson of Swanson Performance, H&R SuperSport Springs, Tokico Illumina shocks, Maximum Motorsports full length welded sub connectors, MM caster-camber plates, MM lower control arms, an MRT shifter, and light-weight Halibrand replica wheels. The total cost was within a couple of hundred dollars of the Legacy GT.

The Subaru handles the ice, rain and snow. The Mustang does way better on dry paved road, plus I can steer it with the throttle. The Mustang also sounds like a real car. And, if I keep the cruise control on at 72mph, I get almost 28 mpg. The Mustang is a lot cheaper to modify.

In my opinion, neither car qualifies as a "Wow!", but the Mach1 is closer.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stan999/upload/MACH1-CAL-SPEEDWAY-SIG.jpg

Just where in/around Tokyo can you use more than 20% of your Legacy GT's power? You need to ship your car to Wyoming to find out what it can really do.

Realistically, the Subaru is a great car, but it is not as fun to drive as my Mach1. I bought my Mach1 new, added an C&L intake, SLP Loudmouth cat-back exhaust, custom dyno tune by Danny Swanson of Swanson Performance, H&R SuperSport Springs, Tokico Illumina shocks, Maximum Motorsports full length welded sub connectors, MM caster-camber plates, MM lower control arms, an MRT shifter, and light-weight Halibrand replica wheels. The total cost was within a couple of hundred dollars of the Legacy GT.

The Subaru handles the ice, rain and snow. The Mustang does way better on dry paved road, plus I can steer it with the throttle. The Mustang also sounds like a real car. And, if I keep the cruise control on at 72mph, I get almost 28 mpg. The Mustang is a lot cheaper to modify.

No offense, but I considered a Mach 1 and I was not impressed. The car is very heavy, difficult to position with the dull steering, and even with the large amount of power on tap, the non-linear throttle makes car control a challenge - not an enjoyable challenge. It is a very sloppy car - when you get it right you don't feel a sense of accomplishment but a sense of the stars lining up for you. The brakes are less than stellar too, about what our GT brakes are, with a different feel. Also the ride is quite high - at least in the seat.

I'm glad you love your mustang, but the RX-8 is a far better car to drive; much more rewarding and you can reliably place the car extremely well. On anything but a drag strip, the RX-8 will outpace the Mach 1. I was really disappointed with the car - and I wanted to like it.

You should have seen the Wow on this 05 Mustang GT owner's face when I obliterated him off the line with my LGT and proceeded to call off the race at 60 mph because it was such a blow out.

The RX8 is amusing, but like the Honda S2000, it has no torque. The stock Mustang's suspension is quite sloppy. Mine isn't. RX8s can't keep up with it on roads like Angeles Crest Highway and Mulholland Drive in California and the Beartooth Highway in Montana/Wyoming.

There is no way an RX8 can keep up on the big track at Willow Springs International Raceway, either. They have tried.

The Subaru is a fine car. My only point is that it doesn't qualify as a "Wow!" Maybe an Enzo, Pagani Zonda or a Bugatti Veyron is a "Wow!", but neither Subaru or Mustang qualifies.

Drive a Ferrari 360 or 575 and tell me a Legacy GT is a "Wow!"

how does the mach1 compare to the Mustang GT

i am not familiar

Stock, the Mach1 came with an alumimum DOHC 32v engine (310 HP, 320 LB./FT.), upgraded suspension, Mustang Cobra brakes (Brembo), functional Shaker (a la 1969), retro style instruments and retro leather seating areas.

With my mild modifications my car dyno'd SAE net at 297/313.

Fewer than 18,000 were built in 2003-2004.

You should have seen the Wow on this 05 Mustang GT owner's face when I obliterated him off the line with my LGT and proceeded to call off the race at 60 mph because it was such a blow out.

So, you beat a candy-ass in his 2005 Mustang. Are you sure he was racing you, or was it yopur wet dream? Street racing is for children. It proves nothing. Neither driver knows the ability of the other, the tune of either car, nor the reason for "calling it off."

On the other hand, I'm faster in my Mustang at Willow Springs than in my Legacy GT. Same driver, same track, same time keeping.

By the way, I'm not very found of the 2005-2006 Mustangs.

Drive a Ferrari 360 or 575 and tell me a Legacy GT is a "Wow!"

+1

I would agree. The LGT is more of a sleeper than anything. It is a nice car no doubt, but there are lots out there that have a much bigger "wow" factor. I am no fan of the mustang, but it is more of a traditional sports car where the LGT is a sprots sedan. A little hard to compare IMO. When it comes to performance, the LGT with mods can out run a Mustang GT or maybe even a Mach 1. But once again, the LGT is modded out and the GT or Mach 1 is stock. Besides, if they were ever to race on a track, they would be in a different class. It's kinda apples to oranges.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Apples to oranges or not i like my LGT much better than a mustang look at the fit and finish comparison besides that i have walked all over quite a few mustangs even had some old dummy ask me if i had NOS cause i walked about five cars on his gt from an 80 MPH pull. Pulled on a Mach 1 from about 20 MPH i would love to catch one at a light especially with my RPS clutch.Call me crazy but the mustang isnothing more than a domestic civic but i am a little bias i guess bein i grew up in Corvettes i love the look on peoples faces when my little family car runs away from their GTO, or Mustang, or Camaro, or older vette, etc. Either way i would definatly take my LGT over just about any Mustang (gotta love Eleanor though).

http://home.earthlink.net/~stan999/upload/MACH1-CAL-SPEEDWAY-SIG.jpg

Yes, the Mach 1 is a nice car(except the rims), but I would take an STI over it any day. Drop in the same amount of money you put into the Mach 1 and poof you have a Mach 2 STI...:lol:

tHe HoV

Yes, the Mach 1 is a nice car(except the rims), but I would take an STI over it any day. Drop in the same amount of money you put into the Mach 1 and poof you have a Mach 2 STI...:lol:

+1,,I've driven Mach1s and I've owned a modified STi.The Mach1 has lots a power but alot of weight.

But then again my STi would walk all over my stg2 Leg GT.All good cars,just some better in different ways.:icon_wink

Archived