LegacyGT.com

How do close the glove box on the first try?

Yeah. Lazy to look for the adjust yet. I was just wanting to get my 'fit and finish' gripe off my chest. I love my car. I had to tell the Infiniti service manager the G35x loaner he gave me for three days didn't come close to the powerplant and highway pull our's did (95 G20 in the shop). Sorry about the delay in reply - I was having too much fun reading the stranger seated on hood - gun control thread.:munch:

:icon_mad: :icon_mad: Things I have in my glove box.

1 Leatherman

1 Mini Mag Light

The Manual in its place up top.

1/2 stack o napkins

Have tried centering these things, pushing the latch thing a couple of times (this works, but not always), slamming the door 10+ times...

What do you do? Or am I the only one? Help I don't want to go to the stealer for this.:(

If you take the Leatherman, Mini-Mag and napkins out does it close properly? The glove box has a very low capacity (doesn't hold much) and might not be closing due to one of the items being to large...

once mine is closed... i dont open it. what do u need in there anyways? a fresh pair of soxs? LEAVE IT ALONE! but thats just me. i have emergancy napkins. owners manual wheel lock key, insurance and registration cards for mr officer

Where do you keep your gun and condoms?

It is still ugly.

Glad to know its not just me. Mine is about 50-50. Sometimes the stuff I keep in there gets in the way but that feels totally different from when it just won't latch. +1 for bad design. What's the dash so full of anyway? Can't be just the airbag, can it?

once mine is closed... i dont open it. what do u need in there anyways? a fresh pair of soxs? LEAVE IT ALONE! but thats just me. i have emergancy napkins. owners manual wheel lock key, insurance and registration cards for mr officer

Kid sneezes in the back seat, No tissues, crap napkins are in the glove box, "Hunny just use your sleave."

I am not sure about this, but I am going to check it out on my new car in two days...

But if it doesn't work, could one not fasten a couple pairs of magnets on the glove box door and liner, to help hold the door straight from one side to the other, and help the latch close correctly?

It seems from the description to be a door flex issue, that pulls the latch out of alignment, and making it not catch very easily. I would think that something like magnets could pull the door back into alignment as it closes, and would allow the catch to work correctly...

Just an idea...

I keep nothing but the owners manual in the glove box...mine closes every time, no problems. Mini-Mag lite, sunglasses, etc. are all in the center console...gun is on hip :D

close it off center. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I hope members of other car forums don't come here and see us discussing how to close the glove box.

Ture, but even the box on my WRX closed the first try.

... Mostly.

Take it to the dealer - they fixed my glovebox right up. No hanging to the side and it closes right away now... clearly there was some sort of design defect with these. (2005 Leg GT ltd Wagon)

Archived