LegacyGT.com

[Tire Review] Kumho Ecsta ASX

team23jordan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, half.

The customer service rep will try to hard sell the replacement certificates. I waffled on it and finally said no. He then said what if I give you 4 for the price of 2. Bingo.

In all the years that I have had tires, I have never used aftermarket replacement warranties so I don't think they're worth it.

There was one time when my wife hit a curb with our brand new (less than 100 miles) BFGoodrich tires on the '98 outback. The sidewall was punctured. Costco replaced it for free. There was no aftermarket warranty involved.

Well oddly enough I just put these on my car about 4 days ago along with a new alingment. So the car feels all squirely now, first impressions.... VERY SOFT SIDEWALL! now it feels like I am trying to to corner a bathtub. Very are more forgiving and have a great initial turn in but as soon as the weight transfers the sidewall squishes and make the feeling of body roll more prevalent. I had my alingment done at DCH in temecula and the air press. was set to about 34-35psi. Which is a bit soft for my option so I just went to 38 front and 40 rear and made a coilover adjustment so I will repost later impressions. But they are comfy and quite but i have yet to give them a work out. PSUCcaptinkickass you going to make it to the meet check the socal threads.

Funny...everyone is putting these on! It is very true that the sidewalls are soft, but for the price...I really don't care. They perform better than stock. I too need to check the tire pressure, as I feel that they are a little lower than my liking. I checked out the thread. I am totally down for a meet on Nov. 4th and I signed up. Should be a fun time if people can make it out.

I too need to check the tire pressure, as I feel that they are a little lower than my liking. .

yeah tire pressure can make a big difference. my stock RE92's were down to 29.5 PSI in the front :eek: Car was feeling crappy. Got them up to 38 PSI now and much better....for stock anyway.

has anyone tried these in rain or snow?

it hasn't rained in seattle for long time...

It has now! :lol: :lol:

So, what's the verdict. I'm afraid to go skiing with my 37K old RE92's! ;):lol:

There's been an add for the Nokian WR's quite a bit here on Seattle TV the last few days. Those look like they could be a good option as well. Maybe a bit too snow biased for how little we see around here though. Might make a good dedicated snow tire though if I decide to go 18's with summer rubber next spring.

Cheers!

-Ian

$35 a tire credit for my three good RE92s!:icon_conf

Isn't this statement a double negative, or an oxymoron? Good RE92's? The only good 92's are strung up along the docks for my boat!

They gave you that because the run almost 170.00 each, so a half worn one is worth 50 bucks all day. Good for you, nice buy. :icon_wink

• 3 weeks later...

Archived