LegacyGT.com

How ballistic would you go?

This has been bugging me all week. Last weekend I went to the Michigan-Wisconsin football game. I parked on the street in same neighborhood that I have been parking for over 15 years and have never had a problem. But last weekend as I am walking up to my car I see some jackass sitting on the front of my hood, not only that he has all of his stuff on the hood (coat, seat cushion). I fuming and I want to light into him but my son is with me (8 years old) so I hold it together and tell in in uncertain term to get off. He answers " hey I am just waiting for my friends" and grabs his stuff and proceeds to sit on the hood of an RX-8. My son knew that something was up as he could tell that I was pissed-off. I looked over the hood and there was no damage or scratches so we just got into the car and left. Yes I flipped him the bird out the window as we drove away.

Should I have said more? I was not going to fight him. Plus I think that it is very difficult to get blubbery flesh out of intercooler vanes.

Ok mini rant over.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it would have done no good. A few years back the (large) wife of a fellow car club member walked up to my freshly restored 1966 MGB and flopped down on the alloy hood. I just about passed out but said nothing. When she removed her butt from my car there was an imprint of the oil filler cap in the soft aluminum plus imprints of her substantial cheeks. That hood had cost me $250, used, in 1994 money.

All I could think about at the time was how I had felt in 1982 when I beat the crap out of a guy for repeatedly slamming his car door into the side of my cherry Scirocco after I yelled at him for doing it once as he got of his car. Felt great while I did it but afterwards I realized what an ass I had really been.

Unless the guy weighed 40 lbs I would guess there is some damage.

You should be able to tell in the reflection of your paint if there are any slight ripples or dents in the sheet metal.

I would have gone farther then you did out of respect for the dude (or likely chick) that owns the Mazda.

Best said in Pulp Fiction:

Lance: Still got your Malibu?

Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some f*cker did the other day?

Lance: What?

Vincent: F*cking keyed it.

Lance: Oh, man, that's f*cked up.

Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some *ickless piece of sh#t f%cked with it.

Lance: They should be f*cking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that as*hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Lance: What a f@cker!

Vincent: What's more chickensh&t than f$cking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f^ck with another man's vehicle.

Lance: You don't do it.

Vincent: It's just against the rules.

As little mentioned....with a aluminum hood there is def. damage:(

Polish the hood this weekend & my guess is you will be able to feel the damage

Washed polished and looked at it from many angles, I got lucky no damage.

It's not whether or not there was any damage...it's about the general populace's blatant disregard for other people's property.

Some dumb eff leaned on my car while I waiting at the dealer for the service writer to finish...I called him on it. Prpbably not a good thing to do at a college football game with all the drunken frat boys that go to that type of event.

They're all morons. You should have shot him...taught your son a lesson.

It is still ugly.

i understand that we all love our cars, but unless he put your life in harms way, then its whatever... it can either be fixed, or it can be replaced...

I was not going to fight him but a string of the 7 word you can not say on TV might have spilled forth.

Off topic I see that you go by Looks Like an Evo. Is that what someone once said about your car. I once had a guy that drives one of those pick-up trucks made by the company that uses the diagram of the female reproductive system as thier logo aks me if my car was the new 4 door Ford Focus....

This has been bugging me all week. Last weekend I went to the Michigan-Wisconsin football game. I parked on the street in same neighborhood that I have been parking for over 15 years and have never had a problem. But last weekend as I am walking up to my car I see some jackass sitting on the front of my hood, not only that he has all of his stuff on the hood (coat, seat cushion). I fuming and I want to light into him but my son is with me (8 years old) so I hold it together and tell in in uncertain term to get off. He answers " hey I am just waiting for my friends" and grabs his stuff and proceeds to sit on the hood of an RX-8. My son knew that something was up as he could tell that I was pissed-off. I looked over the hood and there was no damage or scratches so we just got into the car and left. Yes I flipped him the bird out the window as we drove away.

Should I have said more? I was not going to fight him. Plus I think that it is very difficult to get blubbery flesh out of intercooler vanes.

Ok mini rant over.

You did what I would have done. I have a thing where my face and ears turn RED when I get mad, instantly. Most people can pick up on that subtle hint. You let the guy know to get the hell off of your car. Of course, he had to try and save a little face by saying he was just waiting for somebody.

You have to be ready to throw down at any time though, if the guy would've been an ass about it. I don't think it's that bad of an example to stand up for your belongings and others' lack of respect for it, and really a lack of respect for you. I don't mess with other people's stuff, and I expect them to do the same, even if I have to remind them.

You should have told him to get the hell off the RX8 as well!!!!

Maybe when I'm in my 60s I'll have figured out how not to be an asshole and find more creative ways of putting things but in the meantime you fukked up by not reminding that young fan fat a$$ that people care about their possessions especially their damn cars.

Great to hold back. Your 8 yr old is much more important than a LGT. Especially the way he views you and your actions he see's (hopefully flipping him was not visible by son).

You obviously don't have any respect for your car or have very sand covered eyelids. Moron.

30,000 of your dollars, and you let some a**hole get away with sitting on the hood of your ride? I'd LOVE to catch someone sitting on my hood. Wouldn't even matter if it was a chick. Your son saw someone disrespecting someone else's property and suffering no consequences for it. Maybe a wrong message, too.

30,000 of your dollars, and you let some a**hole get away with sitting on the hold of your ride? I'd LOVE to catch someone sitting on my hood. Wouldn't even matter if it was a chick. Your son saw someone disrespecting someone else's property and suffering no consequences for it. Maybe a wrong message, too.

+1 Good point

You should have told him to get the hell off the RX8 as well!!!!

Maybe when I'm in my 60s I'll have figured out how not to be an asshole and find more creative ways of putting things but in the meantime you fukked up by not reminding that young fan fat a$$ that people care about their possessions especially their damn cars.

Right on! A car is NOT A CHAIR!. I had that happen to me on a Porsche that I owned with an aluminum Hood. Took him to small claims!

People should respect other people's property!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived