LegacyGT.com

Know what sucks....But has its perks

Owning the only damn legacy around.

It sucks cause i have nobody to talk to about the car except a local guy who has an STI (which is a paperweight right now cause of problems.) It does have its perks though cause i hate having the same stuff as everybody else. Most people around here dont even know what my car is. But i do love their faces when i walk away from mustangs and pretty much 95 percent of everything else around here to run. Never have heard a negative comment about the car though. Even my negative stepfather said the car looks really nice.

Older legacys and outbacks are everywhere around here, almost as many of them as cavaliers and civics! 05+ Legacys are hard to come by, though. I've only ever seen about 4 or 5 different ones, and only one other GT. I've also only seen about 2 or 3 wagons, one of which was a GT.

I love it, makes me feel a little different than the norm. I get a lot of stares :D

It sucks cause i have nobody to talk to about the car except a local guy who has an STI (which is a paperweight right now cause of problems.) It does have its perks though cause i hate having the same stuff as everybody else. Most people around here dont even know what my car is. But i do love their faces when i walk away from mustangs and pretty much 95 percent of everything else around here to run. Never have heard a negative comment about the car though. Even my negative stepfather said the car looks really nice.

Move to Vermont. Then park your car at a Wall-Mart (or something similar) and see if you can find your car when you try to leave. When I owned my 2001 Outback, everytime I was out and about I would pass a subaru like every 1-2 miles. It's insane how many subaru's are in Vermont. I would then go to Boston to visit family. Every once in awhile I would see a Forester or an Outback.

Here in East Tennessee, there seems to be some Foresters and Outbacks (mostly 2000-2004 models). However, I do see a Black LGT twice a week as I get on the main road from my house. He/she keeps it nice and shiny. I always wonder if he/she is on these boards.

A shout OUT to the Black LGT with the rear spoiler that runs up 321 north on the way to Rt 70 junction... "Hey, nice car!" :)

Anyway, I love the fact that not too many folks own this car in my area. I didn't buy it for those reasons, but it's nice to have some originality. All I see are "cartoon" styled Civics, Mazda3's & Mazda6's, Mustangs and Accords.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

However, getting responses like "Hey, it's that the new Nissan Versa?" was NOT what I had in mind. (see thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44061)

But I did meet this guy outside BlockBuster a few weeks ago who was really suprised that I was driving a Subaru. He was taken back a bit.

His exact response was "Man, now that's a nice looking car. And it's a Subaru, too. I didn't realise Subaru's put out performance cars."

My response: "Subaru is definilty a different type of Car Company nowadays."

That felt good.

You have to realise, I never thought I would be driving a car like this. I realise it's no Merc, or BMW, or Audi, etc. But man, this is a nice car for someone like me. My wife even drove it for the first time the other day. She didn't want to drive it because of the turbo. She thought it would be hard to handle it. She said it's the smoothest driving car she has ever driven, and that the turbo is not hard to handle at all. She loves it. She picked me up the other day at Wal-Mart and she looked like a hot mama driving the LGT. Whoooo-Hoooo! :lol:

My car is now a year old exactly today. It's got just over 14,000 miles on it, and it's been flawless (knocking on my wooden head). It's basically stock and I have added mud flaps, bug deflector, autodim mirror and compass, heavy duty floor mats, and soon the center arm rest extender (it's on its way). It gets an average of 21 mpg (with 29 mpg all highway driving). Not bad for a turbo AWD vehicle. Not bad at all.

I am really pleased with my car.

I definately feel you on that one man. Up until about 3 weeks ago, I had the ONLY 05 LGT here. There were a few people with older model subies, and a dozen or so with the WRX, but I loved the title of the only one here with an 05 LGT. But, as I was walking out of the mall the other day, I saw the most horrid thing ever... ANOTHER 05 LGT driving right past my eyes. I was so hurt... :( He stole my title... what a bum scab.

But it really is nice owning a very select type of car. No second guessing yourself on which car your walking to. Or which mustang in the parking lot is yours. Just walk right up to the Leggy and hop in :)

But on a side note, getting parts, support, ect, is a pain. lol.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Or move up to Washington state.

At least in my area, they're all over. In fact there's two 05+ models at my work (mine and a '06 2.5i) and another 3 or 4 older legacies.

I see another LGT nearly every day. There's a blue sedan around here I've seen a bunch of times, I've seen a white wagon, a red wagon, and a bunch of others I just see from time to time.

And that's not even counting 2.5i or outbacks (don't see many XTs). If you can drive 30 minutes without seeing one of those, you're either blind or there's nobody else on the road.

Shouldn't have opened my mouth guess what i saw today yup a Legacy GT it was black looked really good. Its not the fact that nobody around here has one that sucks cause i like bein different but when i see pics of a bunch of leggys ridin together im like damn wish i got to do that haha have only seen one other modded leggy and that was in Ocean City MD at a show weekend we did a little highway pull was very even but he ended up gettin pulled over we both went separate ways but the cop followed him (sorry by the way if you are on here)

Archived