LegacyGT.com

Little things

[quote name='!S4']So, this thing is neat, but what is it's purpose? I'm glad it's there and all, but when do you use the darn thing?[/QUOTE] When u park ur car at somewhere with no street lights (ie. total darkness) and u want some lights to indicate ur car is there for other drivers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='!S4']Where and when did you have a Galant VR4?[/QUOTE] I am a longtime DSM owner; an "original ClubDSMer", dating back to 1992 when I bought my first Eclipse. Since then I have owned 4-5 first gen DSMs, a 91 Galant VR4 (#746/2000), an 89 Mirage turbo, and a 97 Spyder GST, in addition to 92 and 94 Dodge Stealth twin turbo's. I owned the Galant from 1998 through 2000. It's in the Beaufort, NC area now.

[quote name='John M']I am a longtime DSM owner; an "original ClubDSMer", dating back to 1992 when I bought my first Eclipse. Since then I have owned 4-5 first gen DSMs, a 91 Galant VR4 (#746/2000), an 89 Mirage turbo, and a 97 Spyder GST, in addition to 92 and 94 Dodge Stealth twin turbo's. I owned the Galant from 1998 through 2000. It's in the Beaufort, NC area now.[/QUOTE] I had a Dodge Stealth twin turbo, two Eagle Talon TSIs, and my wife had (because I wanted) a Misu Galant VR4. Not surprising with that kind of a taste in cars that we would find ourselves here together in this forum with an LGT

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

[quote name='squirrel-bait']One more I noticed this morning (and don't think I'm hung up on wipers or anything, it's just that it's been raining here lately): the rear window wiper (wagon) changes it's interval based on engine/vehicle speed. How cool is that?! sqrl b8[/QUOTE] i'll have a closer look next time it rains...didnt notice this feature

The other nice thing about the wagon rear wiper (sorry, sedan folks... :lol: ) is that it has an intermittent and constant option. My WRX wagon just had intermittent, which didn't always do the trick. Kevin

[quote name='John M']I am a longtime DSM owner; an "original ClubDSMer", dating back to 1992 when I bought my first Eclipse. Since then I have owned 4-5 first gen DSMs, a 91 Galant VR4 (#746/2000), an 89 Mirage turbo, and a 97 Spyder GST, in addition to 92 and 94 Dodge Stealth twin turbo's. I owned the Galant from 1998 through 2000. It's in the Beaufort, NC area now.[/QUOTE] I also owned a 91 Eclipse, then throughout college and up until September had a 92 3000GT SL (see here for the details of its destruction - [url]http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231405[/url] ) In fact, I know John M from 3Si. I test drove the Legacy GT on Friday, and I'm in love with it. I figure its about time for something more sensible, but still need something fun. I'm going back Monday afternoon, hopefully to make an offer. The things I love about the car - 1) some tuning options, AccessPort etc... 2) 4 doors + 250hp/lb-ft! 3) some very sexy angles Be looking for shots of my car soon!

Go for it - you won't regret it! It's an excellent car in every regard. I sold my Stealth and Grand Marquis to consolodate to one car. Besides, you can follow my cheap mod path to help show everyone else I'm not an idiot when I start listing mods that go against traditional thinking. I already have a MBC @ 17 psi (after datalogger) and people here think I'm crazy or just reckless :) [url]http://moojohn.com/subaru[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't read this entire thread to check if this had been mentioned, but something I just noticed last night. You know how the window switches have a little red light in them so you can see them at night? Well if you hit the window lock switch, the little red light turns off on all the window switches except the driver's. I thought that was a neat touch.

[quote name='Xaqtly']I didn't read this entire thread to check if this had been mentioned, but something I just noticed last night. You know how the window switches have a little red light in them so you can see them at night? Well if you hit the window lock switch, the little red light turns off on all the window switches except the driver's. I thought that was a neat touch.[/QUOTE] that *is* pretty damn cool.

• 1 year later...
[quote name='Ken S']One more on the 5EAT wagon rear wiper is that if you have the fronts on and go to reverse, the rears come on automatically (sorry, sedan and/or MT folks ;)). Ken[/quote] This only seems to work on mine if you have the rear wipers on "inter", then when in reverse they change to continuous.

[quote name='brad21']The trip meter time flashes each hour you've been continuously driving.[/quote] This caught my attention one afternoon JUST as it changed back. I was so curious as to wtf it was saying but too lazy to grab the manual and look it up. :icon_bigg

[quote name='!S4']So, this thing is neat, but what is it's purpose? I'm glad it's there and all, but when do you use the darn thing?[/quote] If you park your car in a spot with poor visibilty. You can use this switch to ONLY light the parking lights and nothing else (no dash lights etc). This will help conserve the battery. Like others have said the "parking light" switch on the headlight stalk will not function if the car is "off" A friend of mine who is from Germany, uses this function all the time on his Mercedes. If he parks at the curb on a foggy night or something, he will leave these lights "on" to help keep his car from getting sideswiped. The only difference with the MB setup is that you can select which side of the car you want the lights to light up on- Depending on which side of the car is facing traffic. He said people in Europe do this all the time...So I guess it's a function that is just not used that often in the US. Still it's a pretty cool feature...IMHO

• 2 months later...

Archived