LegacyGT.com

Little things

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='axis008']Isn't there a headlight beam height adjustment roller switch? I know the JDM Spec. B had it, but I don't remember if we got it over here on our shores.[/QUOTE] Aha! That's what that switch by the power mirror controls does. No, we don't have it on USDM models, but I've seen photos of it. rats. sqrl b8

[quote name='plunk10']I like the fact that the passenger airbag detects when there is a passenger sitting there or not, and turns the passenger airbag on or off accordingly.[/QUOTE]It's nice, but I believe it is also a US law now, so all new USDM cars have this. Not a flame, just a FYI.

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']Perhaps the adjusters from a WRX STi could be adapted to work?[/QUOTE] Not unless you want to rework the sheetmetal to fit WRX headlights. The adjuster is inside the headlight housing, it only moves the low-beam light fixture. Very clever, but I cringed at the thought of replacement cost the first time I saw that on my STi.

One thing I don't like...is the dimming of the gauges when you turn the lights on. Have to hit the button on the center info to get them brighter. I think it should be the otherway around. If you want them dim hit the button. Oh and do not, I repeat do not, rip ass with seat heater on. WHOA....smells like hot ass in july. :D
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']One thing I don't like...is the dimming of the gauges when you turn the lights on. Have to hit the button on the center info to get them brighter. I think it should be the otherway around. If you want them dim hit the button. Oh and do not, I repeat do not, rip ass with seat heater on. WHOA....smells like hot ass in july. :D[/QUOTE] Please submit your VIN so that none of us ever buy your used car or even go for a ride in it.

[quote name='Vamp']The parking lights (ie. the switch above the steering wheel) which controls that blinking light for parking at dark corners.[/QUOTE] So, this thing is neat, but what is it's purpose? I'm glad it's there and all, but when do you use the darn thing?

If the ignition isn't on, you can't turn on the lights any other way. They had to give you a way to have parking lights if your car was off. On the other hand, I don't know why they didn't do it like every other manufacturer out there. If the car is off and the lights went off automatically, turning them off and back on will give you lights again until you turn them off manually. My last car did that and it was 10 years old. On the subject of auto intermittent wipers, my Galant VR4 had speed-sensitive intermittent wipers in front. If you stopped for a redlight they would slow appropriately, and if you passed someone they'd continue to speed up as you did. It was a very useful feature that I wish all cars had.

Archived