LegacyGT.com

Getting out of the Legacy, but staying with Subaru!

Hey guys/gals...just wanted to say thanks for all the great information I've been able to gleam from this forum, and also for the great conversations/debates. It's all been fun! I am however getting out of the Legacy Gt Ltd, but I will be sticking with Subaru. As some of you may know I will soon be the proud owner of an 07 STI Limited, UGM, and I am really looking forward to getting into another STI (I really miss my 04 PSM). Anyway, the new STI Limited is the perfect blend of sports car while retaining the many creature comforts that I love about the Leggy GT Ltd. Who know though, I am due for a new company car in a little more than a year and I would love to get into a Spec B for my commuter car so needless to say I will be sticking around and hopefully making it out to some meets in the region. Take care all and be safe out there on the roads!:icon_bigg

Anyway, the new STI Limited is the perfect blend of sports car while retaining the many creature comforts that I love about the Leggy GT Ltd.

would you agree the overall look of the interior of the ltd is still more economy-looking than the lgt, particularly the gauges, dash/radio and cup holder area? also, isn't the ltd exhaust note significantly louder than the lgt? much nicer than the reg sti, but not as upscale as the lgt is my impression

would you agree the overall look of the interior of the ltd is still more economy-looking than the lgt, particularly the gauges, dash/radio and cup holder area? also, isn't the ltd exhaust note significantly louder than the lgt? much nicer than the reg sti, but not as upscale as the lgt is my impression

From pictures I've seen on NASIOC I would say it is on par with the Legacy Gt as far as the quality of materials go. I always did prefer the gauges in the STI over my Legacy and well a stock radio is a stock radio as far as I am concerned, and I look forward to replacing the stock radio in the STI Ltd, something I couldn't do in the Legacy Gt as we all know! As for the exhaust note of the STI, again I prefer the low growl of the STI over the quieter Legacy... I never thought the STI sounded ricey if that was what you were saying, but I don't want to put words in your mouth. All in all you are probably right, much nicer than the standard STI (I had an 04 STI by the way) losing the blue alcantara seats, blue carpet for black and leather (the grey "STI" emboided in the seats is nice by the way) as well as the big "hey look at me" wing. I like the new front lip and the low profile, "Audi,M3" style lip spoiler, and with fog lights I don't have to worry about some idiot stealing my fog light cover for the STI stickers... yes that happened to me when I had the 04 STI. However, the STI Ltd might not be as "upscale" as you put it, but for me it is the perfect blend... afterall, and with no offense, how upscale can a Subaru be?

how much did you lose on that transaction?

enjoy the STI!

I lossed all of my ass and a leg too! No actually I did okay, I paid invoice for the Legacy about 18 month ago so what I got for it in trade in isn't bad, but a $30k sticker car going at $17k a year and a half later... well that kind of sucks! I am hoping the new 07 STI LTd ???/800 will hold its value a little bit better...:icon_wink

How is the sound level inside the STI limited? I find my 2004 WRX wagon very loud compared to our 2005 LGT wagon. I understand the STI (at least 2004) is louder than a WRX.

Did they add further sound insulation in the limited?

How is the sound level inside the STI limited? I find my 2004 WRX wagon very loud compared to our 2005 LGT wagon. I understand the STI (at least 2004) is louder than a WRX.

Did they add further sound insulation in the limited?

The 04 STI was loud, but it had very little sound insulation and ultra thin carpet! The 07 STI Ltd, although I haven't even seen one in person let alone drive or hear one revving, is said to have higher quality carpet and improved sound insulation, however I am sure it will still be louder than the Legacy. I actually just got off the phone with my salesman who was calling to inform me that my car will be ready to take delivery in 7-10 days... I am very excited!:icon_bigg

Congrats! There was an 07 Limited SWP at a meet I attended on friday. The car looks amazing. Its the perfect blend of performance and comfort. Leather, rear pass-through, and the STI performance. Plus the black brembos, rear lip spoiler, and front v-limited lip are awesome. The tails are chrome unlike the 06 that was gray.

Congrats! There was an 07 Limited SWP at a meet I attended on friday. The car looks amazing. Its the perfect blend of performance and comfort. Leather, rear pass-through, and the STI performance. Plus the black brembos, rear lip spoiler, and front v-limited lip are awesome. The tails are chrome unlike the 06 that was gray.

My thoughts and feelings exactly! I look forward to making it to some meets soon! My wife and I moved here about a year ago (she's in the USAF) and I don't know a lot of guys/gals that are as into their car as I am into mine... so it would be cool to find some kindred spirits!

My thoughts and feelings exactly! I look forward to making it to some meets soon! My wife and I moved here about a year ago (she's in the USAF) and I don't know a lot of guys/gals that are as into their car as I am into mine... so it would be cool to find some kindred spirits!

I am not sure how the NJ LGT community is, but I know on clubWRX the NJ area is pretty big so you could at the very least meet other Subaru enthusiasts.

We sold a white STI LMTD for about 40k to some kid that traded his S2k for it....

We just got in another one that is grey and in my opinion looks so much nicer then the white one. (biased towards white cars)

Some of the main new features on the lmtd are:

Moonroof

Fog Lights

Front STI lip spoiler

Limited STI black brembo's

Limited STI 17inch Rims

Limited rear chin spoiler

Black leather with embroidered seats

Rear Diffuser

and of course only 800 total to be made.... 400 white 400 grey...

Those are just some things I have noticed about the car. Its nice but still not big enough for my tall friends and I to all fit in.

Archived