LegacyGT.com

Cusco vs. Whitline sways w/ Autospeed exhaust

Nickz31se-r

I know the question has been asked before as far as which bar is better/less problems. I will be purchasing one of the two brands. Would either of these work better or easier with upgraded exhaust, does anyone have experiende with sways and the moved brackets.

I still have not really been pushing the car that hard b/c I have yet to install my bilsteins and sti wagon pinks. I will be honest that I have yet to figure out the whole awd driving in the dry. I always drove the sentra hard and it was tight enough that you could kick out the back end when using aggressive turn in and letting off the gas. I haven't driven my Z in 2 years, but I did autocross it plenty of time and have great confidence and familiarity w/ the workings of a f/r high hp car.

I would actually want the wagon to oversteer under power, how much is another question.

I know that one should purchase a matching set of sways to keep the car some what neutral, would it be a really dumb to only order a rear bar, or should I consider purchasing the AVO bar and retain the stock front bar.

Any thoughts on best/reasonably priced endlinks.

No perfect bars exist yet.

CUSCOs fit good, but are not adjustable and do not have the rear stiffening bracket. If the ADJ CUSCOs were available I would say get them.

The COBB bars hopefully will be good when the revised RSB comes out (supposedly done and is being powder-coated this week) COBB RSB is adj.

I had the Whiteline RSB and it rubbed. That is why Ralli-tek quit selling them, too many issues.

MSI end-links are awesome, but might need custom brackets to work with certain bars, CUSCO included.

I think I have a solution for the shorter bars guys. I need to know how much shorter - PER SIDE - each bar is. LittleblueGT, you sent me a few pics, can you re check with a measure per side the distance that is needed? I need this info for both COBB and CUSCO bars.

-mark

The current Autospeed exhaust and aftermarket bars don't mix. The relocation brackets move the swaybar up and larger ones rub the spare tire well. I do hear they are looking at a revision however, which is good because it sounds nice.

<----- has a Cusco RSB and wondered what the noise was after the TBE

I think I have a solution for the shorter bars guys. I need to know how much shorter - PER SIDE - each bar is. LittleblueGT, you sent me a few pics, can you re check with a measure per side the distance that is needed? I need this info for both COBB and CUSCO bars.

-mark

My COBB Bar requires exactly 1 inch of washers on each side to fit properly.

I did not measure the two bars side by side (perhaps the OEM bar makes the end-liks run on a bit of angle as well) but to make the end-links fit in straight with no pre-load 1 inch per side.

Mark,

Did you get the e-mail with my pics and the cusco front sway bar + lowered LGT and MSI endlinks? I can send htem again, let me know if you didn't get it. If you need, i can get measurements on sunday as far as how much "extra" is needed.

Thanks,

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

it's VERY hard to source the Cusco Vacanza Rear Sway Bar (it's gold and it's an adjustablt 21mm bar). If you can source one from Japan, that would be good, but good luck on that.

I have one before NAPSUSA couldnt get it anymore (I dunno why Cusco decided NOT to ship the Vacanza bar to the USA.. restricted sale??, discontinued? who knows for sure).

Keefe

The current Autospeed exhaust and aftermarket bars don't mix. The relocation brackets move the swaybar up and larger ones rub the spare tire well. I do hear they are looking at a revision however, which is good because it sounds nice.

<----- has a Cusco RSB and wondered what the noise was after the TBE

Any one else run into problems with this combo?

Pat how did you remedy?

nick

I have decided to pick up a MR catback to alleviate the combo issue. However I am still not sure if I should pick up the cuscos or the whiteline bars. The car will have sti wagon springs so it will not be dropped extensively, with that in mind the adjustability factor of the whitlines is probably not as important (right?). Would the adjustability be of any advantage in regards to using the msi endlinks? The prices of the the two brands are pretty much the same, convince me of one so I can spend more money.

Archived