LegacyGT.com

cleansweep pre-outs

mevanvt

I was wondering if the cleansweep signal was clean from 0-100 on it's volume control or if it would clip past 75% like many AM headunits do. Has anyone scoped it to see if it clips? I tried searching and didn't find any info on this. Manville or anyone could you please answer this b/c i'm getting cdt hd-63s (560i crossovers) and a nine.4 amp to power them and want to set the gains to about 150 watts with a dmm. I'd like to set the gains at 100% volume on the cleansweep so I dont' accidently clip the signal going to the amp.

Thanks

The CS outputs will not clip, but you should still set your amp gains at 75% CS volume rotation. You want to have a little headroom to turn it up louder when the recording is quiet... it won't be loud enough if you set the amp gains at full CS volume. You can try it if you don't believe me. :)

Best regards,

Manville Smith.

The CS outputs will not clip, but you should still set your amp gains at 75% CS volume rotation. You want to have a little headroom to turn it up louder when the recording is quiet... it won't be loud enough if you set the amp gains at full CS volume. You can try it if you don't believe me. :)

Best regards,

Manville Smith.

Thanks, I didn't even think about that. I was just worried about clipping the amp so it never crossed my mind. I doubt i'll even have it any where near 100% anyway because I don't listen to music all that loudly.

Archived